Should I go 295 or 305?

onicrom

online predator
Established Member
I searched some and didnt find out exactly what I wanted to know.. So.

Should I get 295/35 BFG T/A Drag Radials or 305/35 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials.

I dont really ever go to the track, Ive been twice and dont think Ill go again so this will be a street tire, BUT, I want all the traction I can get because right now on 255/35 BFG Kdw2's I spin through 1st and 2nd feathering it, its ridiculous.

So.. which one should I get for best traction for the street. 295 Bfg Drags or 305 Nitto 555r Drags? Thanks. :beer:

99 svtcobra

I just bought the 295/35 bfg kdw2s and i think they look good. Almost looks like it fits the car.. by this i mean they don't stick out alot like a low rider... And they are really sticky and they grip like crazy..helped my car stick to the ground in 1st and 2nd gear... I would really consider this tire...

goodluck
cobrafan

Last edited by a moderator:

slonech

Dark Side
Established Member
go bfgs or even add eagle f1's to your list if you have the cash... you prolly dont want to go with a nitto for street as i have heard they are not the most forgiving in the rain. I run eagle f1's and have zero issues in rain, daily driving, or even at the track.

onicrom

online predator
Established Member
cobrafanforever said:
I just bought the 295/35 bfg kdw2s and i think they look good. Almost looks like it fits the car.. by this i mean they don't stick out alot like a low rider... And they are really sticky and they grip like crazy..helped my car stick to the ground in 1st and 2nd gear... I would really consider this tire...

goodluck
cobrafan
Thats what I have, just 255s. I just fear 40mm wont help just because of the tire. I need a D/R. I run 11's so I need something sticky.

slonech said:
go bfgs or even add eagle f1's to your list if you have the cash... you prolly dont want to go with a nitto for street as i have heard they are not the most forgiving in the rain. I run eagle f1's and have zero issues in rain, daily driving, or even at the track.
I dont drive in the rain, so, its allll dry traction. But ill look into the eagle f1s as well. also i only put about 100-200 miles on my car a month along with no driving in the rain.

Last edited:

havoksdream

Pimp Daddy "J"
Established Member
I got the F1's in a 295 35 18. They are the perfect size for the look. Hook very well too. I do rub in the back though when bottom out. When I had 305's, they always hit. 285's never hit. Lowered with H&R springs.

Users who are viewing this thread