Should i go for the fox or stay modular??

4.6mustang5.0

ModularFive.ohohoh
Established Member
Got a guy here in houston who wants to trade me my 2002 mustang gt for his hatchback fox... i still owe money on my gt, just bought it a few months ago

so basically this fox has intake, and exhaust and is clean as hell on the inside and its all primered up ready for paint 17x9 17x10.5 black 03/04 cobra rims...

He wants to take over my payments and a 1000 dollars on my side... im still in school so it would be nice to have no payments so thats the reason im considering it.. never owned a fox but ive owned a sn95 5.0...

Fox guys throw out some stuff i should look for on this car and what you would do in this situation..

apprecitate it guys

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
I daily drove foxes for years, there good cars. The interiors are a little dated compared to the SN95 cars, Performance wise, I would much rather build a 5.0 then a 4.6. I built a 02 GT a few years ago, and it was nothing but a nightmare for me. Make sure the a/c works, being in houston you will need it, make sure the heater works, all the windows roll down. More then likely the door locks if power dont work, but thats real common. Is it a 5 spd or auto? Use that 1k and get a paint job so you will be happy. Honestly foxes are the funniest car that I have ever owned. I have owned Lightnings, 4.6s, a 67 camaro, a 70 elky, and ls1 cars. I would take a fox over any of those. They are dang reliable cars.

4.6mustang5.0

ModularFive.ohohoh
Established Member
yeah my a/c compressor recently sh** on me in the gt, but i replaced it quick seeing how hot it has been lately.... yeah i built my sn95 and it was a bunch of fun... thought about building the modular and it didnt look or sound fun at all. Foxes just look so damn good

oh and my mistake for the miscommunication but he wants a $1000 & the 02 gt for the fox

but i still owe 5000 on my car so basically it would be like buying his car for 4k
which is alot for that old car i understand but i got fox fever, its automatic.. Houston has kinda killed the fun of a standard w/ the redic traffic so i wouldnt mind an auto for a while..

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
Yeah his car isnt worth 4k with a auto and in primer. Now if he gave you 1k that would be a better deal.

4.6mustang5.0

ModularFive.ohohoh
Established Member
yeah i figured lol, but i wasnt to sure on the reliability of them....

just looks like it would be fun to own one, what price should i be looking at to pay for a 8/10 fox

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
yeah i figured lol, but i wasnt to sure on the reliability of them....

just looks like it would be fun to own one, what price should i be looking at to pay for a 8/10 fox

No more then 7 for it. If its something special like a limited edition, cobra, or ssp car expect to pay a little more. I personally would look for a GT or coupe. I dont care for the LX hatch. My first car was a 88 LX hatch, first and last.

88 347 stroker

Established Member
there are plenty of deals out there. keep looking. the car may be primer but he may be hiding bondo. always take a fridge magnet with you when you look at a car. that will tell you how much bondo there is. as for reliabilty, they are great as long as there are not crazy mods on the engine. the more mods the more touchey the idle gets n you will run in to problems. I had a beat up fox in high school and i tried to kill it and couldent. i was so impressed i bought another one. 11 years later its sill going strong.

Notchbck93

Established Member
Honestly foxes are the funniest car that I have ever owned. I have owned Lightnings, 4.6s, a 67 camaro, a 70 elky, and ls1 cars. I would take a fox over any of those. They are dang reliable cars.

I often feel this way as well. You simply can't beat a Fox for the performance to dollar ratio.

Notchbck93

Established Member
Got a guy here in houston who wants to trade me my 2002 mustang gt for his hatchback fox... i still owe money on my gt, just bought it a few months ago

so basically this fox has intake, and exhaust and is clean as hell on the inside and its all primered up ready for paint 17x9 17x10.5 black 03/04 cobra rims...

He wants to take over my payments and a 1000 dollars on my side... im still in school so it would be nice to have no payments so thats the reason im considering it.. never owned a fox but ive owned a sn95 5.0...

Fox guys throw out some stuff i should look for on this car and what you would do in this situation..

apprecitate it guys

So, did you ever trade off your GT?

Users who are viewing this thread