should I lemon the car!

trendkilllx

Established Member
Have an 03 cobra, TOB replaced 3 times, now with new retainer sleeve done 7k miles ago the 4th TOB is bad. The car is still under warranty, had the car 2.5 years and has 27k miles. If a problem occurs 4 or more times and is not able to be repaired within the warranty period it may subject to the lemon law. I do enjoy the car but am concerned this will keep happening every 5-8k miles.

3GROC

Established Member
I had my head replaced 3 times....cats 3 times.....

its not worht it...car runs lik ea raped ape...

if it runs good no need to do that I Think

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
Hahaha, I wish the TOB was my only reocurring problem. Dude, that is NOT a lemonable issue IMHO.

Sleev-les

Established Member
I went through the same thing w/ mine. i am on my 3rd tob. but you have to have less than 15k miles on the car to lemon law it. i went off on ford. i thought it was warranty period too, but its not. 4th repair or 15k miles. if you have 27k, they will tell you go somewhere. i asked around and apparently this problem is more common on the 03's than you think, basically the clutches are junk. just buy an aftermarket and you should be fine

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
It's not necessarily your choice to invoke the lemon law. You can ask for it...even sue for it. But Ford has to agree or lose in court. But I would say you have a legitimate case. What I don't understand is why it keeps happening. I would assume the new design sleeve is being used when replaced, right? They aren't just replacing the TOB are they? If the bearing retainer (sleeve) is good and it's just the TOB, then something is amiss and I would look for another cause such as a quadrant, cable, or even a driver who rides the clutch. Something just doesn't make sense here.

Sleev-les

Established Member
FireRed04Vert said:
It's not necessarily your choice to invoke the lemon law. You can ask for it...even sue for it. But Ford has to agree or lose in court. But I would say you have a legitimate case. What I don't understand is why it keeps happening. I would assume the new design sleeve is being used when replaced, right? They aren't just replacing the TOB are they? If the bearing retainer (sleeve) is good and it's just the TOB, then something is amiss and I would look for another cause such as a quadrant, cable, or even a driver who rides the clutch. Something just doesn't make sense here.

Werd!! On the 3rd one, i told them to replace the entire clutch assembly, its not good to just replace the bearing. they did it and i haven't had a problem since. still on the stock clutch(i hate the pos though, time for something new) and i have a lot of miles on mine(makes me cry, all because of a ****ing girl, NEVER again)

trendkilllx

Established Member
car runs good, sounds like if I go with a complete aftermarket, keeping the new retainer should be ok, including a quad/firewall adjuster.

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
I know it's a PITA, but if you plan on keeping the car for some time, just go ahead and get an aftermarket one when this one goes out (assuming the new one will fail too)...you can get a decent one with a new flywheel for around $600 and it should last a while.

Users who are viewing this thread