Should I mod?

FastazzL

Hot Potato Handler
Established Member
Here's the question. I have 84K miles on my truck and it is stock. I am afraid with those kind of miles, any mods like a 4 lbs lower with a tune or a CAI might just make the engine quit. It still runs strong but I would rather have it run stock for a longer period of time then mod it and blow it up in a few thousand miles. Thanks for any input.

AJ

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
The same day I dynoed my L their was another L there that was on the dyno and it had 90,000 on it, and it had a 4#lower and upper pulley on, not sure what size. It had flow master exhaust and an sct tune on it and it pulled 375 hp. So if your thinking of mods. Well I say go and do it. Just keep up with the maitnance and you'll be fine. I have just 60,000 on my L .

Last edited:

FastazzL

Hot Potato Handler
Established Member
Thanks for the suggestions. Besides those two mods, what others would be safe to put on an engine with this many miles?

Floridalawdog

Established Member
Dont do it! Once you start you cant stop. Its all you will ever think about, you will spend all your money on it.

No just kidding. Go for it.

AZ ERIK

22's & a Whipple 4 shizzl
Established Member
I haven't even picked mine up yet and my wallets draining it's self.

lightning02svt

2002 Lightning True Blue
Established Member
u shouldn't have any problems as long as u keep up with the maintance..... just be easy on it and ignore temptations 2 go balls out all the time.... i know its hard 2 do that!!!! also as long as u dont start mod internally ur truck is good for about 450 at the crank with simple bolt on's...........and itll be a daily driver.. a safe daily driver!

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
there was someone who posted on here awhile back who had 100k+ on his truck and was still running mid 12s..

FastazzL

Hot Potato Handler
Established Member
RTStabler51 said:
there was someone who posted on here awhile back who had 100k+ on his truck and was still running mid 12s..
Thats good to know. There is still hope for me and my truck then. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread