• 10% OD Lower
  • CJ 65mm TB
  • JLT 127mm MAF
  • 56lbs (2013/14) injectors
  • VMP Fuel Duel Pump Voltage Booster
  • O/R X pipe
  • 92 Ethanol free fuel or 100 octane race fuel to choose from
  • Nitto NT05 P315/35ZR20 - 726 revs/mile

I'm on the list for a Gen II and currently have the IW 10% lower installed (among other mods - see above). I ordered the Gen II with a 3" pulley and now wondering what the resulting boost level will be? Assuming it will be around 20psi, is that too much for the stock motor? What is a safe boost number for our (stock) motors? What would the resulting boost level be for a factory lower and a 2.65 upper? Will the original VMP 2.65" stealth look pulley fit on the Gen II?

So many questions, please help!

Thanks,
Jeff

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
I am in the same boat as you. From what I am reading the 2.6 = 17 psi which I am not comfortable with on 91 octane California urine. I ordered it with a 2.6 but might change to a 2.8 to keep the boost down. I have been trying to get a hold of BJ on the phone but have had no luck.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get your injectors and what did you pay? I keep hearing they are $22 a piece new.

DaFreak

Established Member
If you don't mind me asking, where did you get your injectors and what did you pay? I keep hearing they are $22 a piece new.

Bought from VMP but don't remember the price. I did so as they provide free tunes on mods bought through them. Not sure if the injectors need a separate tune but I bought other mods at the same time.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
remove the 10% lower?

2010 GT500 Current Mods:
  • Gen 2 VMP TVS
  • 3.0 Upper (also own a 2.65”)
  • 10% OD Lower
  • CJ 65mm TB
  • JLT 127mm MAF
  • 56lbs (2013/14) injectors
  • VMP Fuel Duel Pump Voltage Booster
  • O/R X pipe
  • 92 Ethanol free fuel or 100 octane race fuel to choose from
  • Nitto NT05 P315/35ZR20 - 726 revs/mile

I'm on the list for a Gen II and currently have the IW 10% lower installed (among other mods - see above). I ordered the Gen II with a 3" pulley and now wondering what the resulting boost level will be? Assuming it will be around 20psi, is that too much for the stock motor? What is a safe boost number for our (stock) motors? What would the resulting boost level be for a factory lower and a 2.65 upper? Will the original VMP 2.65" stealth look pulley fit on the Gen II?

So many questions, please help!

Thanks,
Jeff
Is this for me or the group? (email much easier to respond to quickly)

For the group, 56# injectors took a 250 percent leap last month. Everyone now over $50 in huge quantities.

kozumasbullitt

Established Member
I am in the same boat as you. From what I am reading the 2.6 = 17 psi which I am not comfortable with on 91 octane California urine. I ordered it with a 2.6 but might change to a 2.8 to keep the boost down. I have been trying to get a hold of BJ on the phone but have had no luck.

I read that 2.6 was 16psi on the gen2.

VNMOUS1

Established Member

321 206 9369 x 112

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
321 206 9369 x 112

I called this morning and it said the store was closed for lunch.

I just called again and punched in your extension and it said "no one is here to take your call. Goodbye" and hung up on me :-(

kozumasbullitt

Established Member

I just called again and punched in your extension and it said "no one is here to take your call. Goodbye" and hung up on me :-(

You have to take into consideration that they are working on a huge launch that is right around the corner.

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
You have to take into consideration that they are working on a huge launch that is right around the corner.

He did inform me a couple days ago that he is very busy due to the GEN 2 release. I will continue to be patient and keep trying. I have been trying for a week. We just keep missing each other...

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Shoot him an e-mail with your phone number. I don't think BJ's listened to their answering message lately, because it directs your call differently. I tried calling in last week and hung up. I just called his cell.

VNMOUS1

Established Member

I'm not in the office but every call (except 12n -1p) get routed to my cell. I've taken a dozen calls. I can't fathom that any of them have used my extension. I just tried it and yup, you get the robo chick. Sorry.

It's a bunch easier to just email me with your phone number and I'll call you back because frankly all of us posting is accomplishing nada for you. Just a thought. My email is [email protected]

And as Catmonkey said, there's always my cell. It's been in my sig forever. Just please remember that we're on the east coast.

Here and glad to help.

Last edited:

VNMOUS1

Established Member
xanax.jpg

Ha! That's a fact, I've already pinged the UPS tracking website like 5 times :)

Users who are viewing this thread