Should I put some hood pins ?

LoLO

Established Member
Hey, I got a 06 Mustang GT and at high speed the hood is shaking and it looks like its open and I'm afraid it's gonna pop open.

Anybody else has the same problem ? Should I put hoodpins ? Do I risk anything ?

Any advice will be helpful !

Thank you

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
if your hood is stock, I cant imagine you have to worry about anything, but my buddy had an aftermarket fiberglass hood and after one time on the highway without hood pins it flew right off and whacked the back of his roof bad. So is there anything to risk, OH YEAH, but if its stock, and is workin properly than id say not to worry.

LoLO

Established Member
Alright so... even if it shakes it shouldn't pop open in my face ? I hope you're right. Mine starts shaking around 90. Around 110 its not shaking anymore it looks like its open..

blinelaxd27

Established Member
if you have a stock hood and its bothering you take it to the dealer or inspect it urself. i have an aftermarket cobra R hood on my car and put in pins cuz it woulds shake pretty good.

LoLO

Established Member
How do I adjust the rubber stops ? simply by lifting them up a bit?
I went to the dealer they said they couldnt do anything about it.
Thank you guys for your help !

Wintermute

Banned
LoLO said:
Alright so... even if it shakes it shouldn't pop open in my face ? I hope you're right. Mine starts shaking around 90. Around 110 its not shaking anymore it looks like its open..

Take it to the dealer. If it actually happened and you werent speeding excessively you'd have a hell of a lawsuit.

SVT04

Established Member
Hood pins are for old 70s cars or beaters.....do not put them on your Mustang !

Mach Daddy

Life Is Mach1derful !!!
Established Member

Ford Racing Hood Pins ... Old School and Waaaayyyyyyyyy Cool. :coolman:

IMG_0030.jpg

paintballpyro1

Established Member
with my car i have the stock hood and there was a couple times that either i hit a bump or just driving and the hood just popped open(got stuck on the latch) like i pulled the hood pop lever. soo regardless i ended up with hood pins

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
redfire550hp said:

Wow so NOT bingo. Adjusting the hood stops up will keep the hood from closing all the way, allowing air to get in under the front of the hood even worse than before.

Users who are viewing this thread