Should I Rebuild or Go New?

Lightningboy99

Established Member
Okay, So I finally decided to take the money I got from selling my dd and put it into the L. My question is should i rebuild the stock motor and put a few lil goodies in it or should i go with a JL short block?:thumbsup:

Dusten

Established Member
Well that really depends. If you have someone local to you, who can do the work, i would go that route. It is always better to have your engine builder close, should problems arise. If there is nothing in your neck of the woods, i would say buy a built motor, but look at MSX while you are at it.

Bootie

Established Member
Well since your daily is gone, I think the most important question is what kind of time frame are you looking at?

Lightningboy99

Established Member
SnipeJDM said:
Well since your daily is gone, I think the most important question is what kind of time frame are you looking at?

Haha yeah it really wouldnt matter my father is lettin me use his other truck for now till i decide what i want to do.

unclemole

Established Member
Lightningboy99 said:
I want a lil more power but no to to much maybe 450rwhp at the most!

The stock short block is good for that power level with the right tune. What mods do you already have? Why do you think the motor needs to be rebuilt?

Lightningboy99

Established Member
unclemole said:
The stock short block is good for that power level with the right tune. What mods do you already have? Why do you think the motor needs to be rebuilt?

One its just cuz im married to it for 4 years lol plus i want more power and it is all stock accept for the k&n filter but that dont really count lol but yeah i want to put some goodies in it.

unclemole

Established Member
I've got 110,000 on my '01. Been running 12-14lbs. boost for 100,000 miles. Doesn't burn a drop of oil or have any leaks. If I were you I'd spend the money on some HP mods/dyno tune before I dug into the short block.

Quik Z06

Established Member
Lightningboy99...shoot me a PM we'll get you a killer deal on any built motor you want, any specs and full warranty.

Quik Z06

Established Member
Here I just posted on another thread so what the hell, I'll throw it in here too :)

MSX Built 5.4L Shortblock
New Factory Ford Block- Standard Bore
New Ford Forged Crankshaft (Race Prepped)
Manley Forged Pistons 18cc Dish
Manley Forged Connecting Rods W/ARP Bolts
Manley File Fit Rings (Depending on Application)
Speed Pro Rod and Main Bearings
ARP Main Studs
Fully Balanced and Blueprinted
Price $3275

We also can build a 5.4L Longblock with Patriot Heads, Patriot Stage 2.5 Cams etc for... Price $5375

These come with a full lifetime warranty as well...

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
You should talk to Fade, he is in Ga and had his motor built local. I strongly suggest going to a local guy as if there is any problems you have someone right there to talk to.

SVT99RED

Established Member
msx is located where? and if you just want 450 rwhp then just purchase a kb. Only other mods would be an maf extender. stock injectors and pumps will work.

Quik Z06

Established Member
Our motors can handle up to 1200 hp. They are custom built to suit your needs...Anything you want added we can do for you and at a great price IMO.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
damn quikz06, that sounds unbeatable.. i know where ill be going when i need a built motor you can bet on that!

Lightningboy99

Established Member
Well i look at it like this once you add some hp you will always be lookin to add more lol so i plan in a way just to get a start and go on till i get all that i really am looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread