Should I stop the H&R spring install??

BrettT 93|03

93 & 03 Cobra Venom
Established Member
Ok, did all the research I could, and talk to a few forum members about these H&R race springs for there view on them. Before I purchased them.

I started installing them last night. Got a little concerned when I did a side by side comparsion. The top three coils are really close. I know that the spring is stiffer and is expected to change the ride of the car some what. But, ZAM those TOP coils of the spring really concern me about a possiable HARSH ride. Where it's not enjoyable to a 40 year old. lol

Should I stop here on the first spring and go to the sports instead...or just an over reacting. I was thinking over night that maybe the top of the spring is for perventing the nose diving effect. :shrug:

I'm putting this question out there for the reason that I had so many different points of view on them or not enough views to stear me in the right direction. I heard from a "little stiffer ride" to "rides great, no big deal" and all in between. Actually, after reading the long SPRING posting from the top. You get a little confused on actually what way to go.

I was going to for the H&R sports. But read a few post on how they are a little to soft in the rear and that it possiable that 3inch cat back could hit the ground....in witch I do have 3inch cat back. So, that why I steared away from the sports and went with the race version.

hrracespring.jpg

Last edited:

UrbanKnight

Hard Core Car Whore
Established Member
Overreacting...

I ran H&R Race springs along with Bilsteins, and the ride was better than stock. Not crazy stiff and bouncy, but firm and controlled

Westbayou

Established Member
Go for it. I've got the H&R race springs and the ride is fine. Just include both the top and bottom spring isolators and I think you will be happy with the end result.

SpectorV

Established Member
my ride harshness over stock (vert springs which are EVEN softer than coupe springs by 100lbs) was 10% harsher if that and maybe 15% harsher on bad roads~ not very much worse

Stalker27

Established Member
My car rides better now with my H&R race than stock & i have one ISO out per side also

Oh & i have the 3" Mac on mine

Last edited:

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
Overreacting...

I ran H&R Race springs along with Bilsteins, and the ride was better than stock. Not crazy stiff and bouncy, but firm and controlled

Go for it. I've got the H&R race springs and the ride is fine. Just include both the top and bottom spring isolators and I think you will be happy with the end result.
+1 to both posts above.

I'm running Race springs with the stock Bilsteins along with all the factory iso's and love it. Go with the Race springs, you won't regret it.

jf4boogie

Established Member
L.O.L.

The springs are coiled tighter at the top because they are progressive.

Put those bad boys on and ride!

BrettT 93|03

93 & 03 Cobra Venom
Established Member
Thanks for the input and reassurance.

Going to finish her up this weekend. Im staying with the race spring. Can't wait to see the drop.

I'll get some pics up after the alignment is done.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for the input and reassurance.

Going to finish her up this weekend. Im staying with the race spring. Can't wait to see the drop.

I'll get some pics up after the alignment is done.

Please do! I would love to see pictures! I got a great deal on some new H&R race springs, but can't install until next spring.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
+1, no need to worry

my vert rides better with the h&r race and bisltein hd's than it did with the factory mush-vert-springs and mush-vert-shocks/struts

do it :coolman:

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
I just swapped sports for race. MUCH better ride with these than the sports. I gained a little height too, which is what I wanted.

BrettT 93|03

93 & 03 Cobra Venom
Established Member
Thanks to all for the encouragement and extra info on these springs.

Im almost done. Since I have the IRS out of the car, I decided to do the 14mm bolt upgrade and the bushing upgrade. I ordered those parts the other day. Should be finished this weekend. Plus it's going to be cooler to work on too... In the high 70's here in the east.

03SonicStang

Established Member
I love my H&R Race Springs after I got them the way I wanted them...what worked for me, in the rears, was the H&R Logo could be seen straight on. Car sits level and no noises....plus I personally think the ride is better than stock

Users who are viewing this thread