Shoulder Problems?

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
I just started lifting again about 3 weeks ago, and I've been going at it pretty hard, but now it seems I have a problem that may end it all again. Everytime I do bench and incline, my left shoulder just goes weak. It's a bigger problem on incline than bench, but it's weird because it doesn't really give me any problems any time that it isn't loaded with weight, but it just goes out on me without much warning. Anybody have any idea what it might be?

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Aids?

I have no clue but I'd recommend using machines until you get it figured out. I'd hate to read about a svt'er who decapitated himself.

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
Aids?

I have no clue but I'd recommend using machines until you get it figured out. I'd hate to read about a svt'er who decapitated himself.

:lol:

It doesn't drop out at the top of reps thank goodness. Like I'll rep 180 easy for 9 reps and then all of a sudden, when I go to push the 10th off my chest, my left shoulder just feels like it has no strength.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
:lol:

It doesn't drop out at the top of reps thank goodness. Like I'll rep 180 easy for 9 reps and then all of a sudden, when I go to push the 10th off my chest, my left shoulder just feels like it has no strength.

That's good. lol
There is an old dude at my gym that benches a decent amount and he alway pushes his right arm all the way out before the left starts doing work. I'm afraid he's going to kill himself.
Don't be that guy.:p

nlterminator

Mello Yellow
Established Member
Are you sure its your shoulder? if your using your shoulders that much your not doing them correctly. Try sticking with dumbell presses and see what happens, could be a tricep issue as well.

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
Are you sure its your shoulder? if your using your shoulders that much your not doing them correctly. Try sticking with dumbell presses and see what happens, could be a tricep issue as well.

It's shoulder, high and deep into it too. I went today and it didn't bother me at all on bench, went to dumbbell incline and it went fine for the first 5 sets (35x10, 40x8, 45x8, 50x6, 55x4) but I went to do 60, and I couldn't even get it up with my left shoulder, it was just like it wasn't there at all.

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
no way to tell without looking at x-rays or examining your shoulder. could be anything, but if i had to guess--this is what i'd say::

Prevent Disease.com - Osteolysis of Clavicle - Weighlifters at Risk for Collarbone Damage

that will be $100, and i accept paypal

sincerely yours,

kirk

Haha, that $100 is exactly why I haven't had it examined yet. That article's symptoms and what causes the pain seem dead on, but would that condition cause pain the back of the shoulder? That's where it seems originate from.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Kirks the man!!!
I had knee issues a few weeks back and being a cheap bastard I asked him. Gave me treatment measures and I feel 100%
Thanks again for the advice Kirk. :beer:

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Kirks the man!!!
I had knee issues a few weeks back and being a cheap bastard I asked him. Gave me treatment measures and I feel 100%
Thanks again for the advice Kirk. :beer:

no problem.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Haha, that $100 is exactly why I haven't had it examined yet. That article's symptoms and what causes the pain seem dead on, but would that condition cause pain the back of the shoulder? That's where it seems originate from.

could be?? can't tell without an exam, and x-rays. in the meantime, avoid the offending activity, and take some ibuprofen. pretty simple

Users who are viewing this thread