Shout Out

ShortRound

Established Member
Just wanted to stop by and give a shout out to an Arizona DPS agent.

A while back the family and I were heading out to a known and sactioned firing area at Mt. Lemmon. We were in my Wrangler, which had no fenders and a massive exhausts leak mind you, loaded to the gills with our toys and targets. I come around a bend and spot the cruiser parked off the side and the agent was speaking to a group of people. I slow down as to not cover them with dust and the agent steps out towards the road. I pull over to the side and roll my window down as he approaches, he comes right over to the door looking at my jeep with that "WTH" look, and asks how we are doing. After some quick all about nothing talk he asks what we are up to so I tell him and he points us towards the next best area to fire off some .223 rounds, he also asks for my license..... OK sure. He goes to his car for a few seconds and come back giving my my ID back and says thank you for your service. I thank him for his support and go on my way. About 30 minutes later we hear a car coming around by us so I make sure the guns are down and on safe, its the DPS agent again. He pulls up and gets out and beings to look over the targets we have set up and the set up on my AR. After some more chit chat he asks if he can take a couple rounds, hell yea go ahead! He even picked up his brass! We talked some more about my plans after retirement, LEO jobs and DPS jobs, than he went his way and we packed up and headed home. Great guy and I wish I would have gotten his full name.

*BLUF* Went to shoot, met a great DPS agent, shot with DPS agent, went home.

Users who are viewing this thread