Side scoop inserts

PhillyCobra

Established Member
Anyone know of a source for stock Cobra side scoop inserts (the fake black piece) or something aftermarket? Not sold separately by Ford. Lost a side scoop and was able to get new set in my color, but they have the GT fake mesh. Remember seeing somewhere a vendor who sells an aluminum insert, or something similar.

sam

Established Member
saw that,was not to impressed by it. my idea is to look at the diffrent materiels to use yourself. once you find what would look good for you, then have a friend at a machine shop make them for you.

RossSVT

Established Member
Proto typing some now. Should be ready by the end of the month. Made out of 304 stainless mesh same as used on the Z06. Also almost finished with the matching HE protector screen and brake/air intake screens next to the fog lights. Next will be a matching set for the hood extractor vents and then a grille insert. I'll post pics when done.

I just don't see anything else worth the $ out there that would stand up for a long time. All of the aluminum stuff is going to get hit by rocks and sand and not be able to take a beating. It's a soft alloy. And when the galvinized coating is removed from galvinized coated metal mesh and the pitting and moisture gets to it guess what......rust! This is more of a longer term solution which looks good for a long time. And you can polish it back to a high luster if you want to. Also looking at a black powder coated version to try on my Black 04.

Last edited:

Mugger

Don't beat 'em, MUG 'em!
Established Member
Go back to the dealer and order it from the parts dept.

PhillyCobra

Established Member
Ross,

Will your pieces for the side scoop fit over the existing fake grill, or replace it? Post pictures when you can!

RossSVT

Established Member
PhillyCobra,

They will replace the existing insert. The fastening system will be pretty cool. No drilling and will not fall off and removable so if you sell the car you can sell the insert.

Users who are viewing this thread