Side scoop removal.

IGO 202

Established Member
After two years of owning the GT I'm wanting to change things up some.

I recently swapped my pedestal spoiler for a GT500 and like the look, now I'm thinking wheels and removing the OEM side scoops. I removed the OEM window louvers shortly after getting the car so it was easy but I'm wondering about removing the scoops after two years. The car has always been garaged so the paint fading situation should be okay just curious if the adhesive will be a hassle or any chance of lifting the paint under the tape.

I know to apply some heat with a gun and use fishing line but has anybody removed theirs after this period of time?

Thanks for any help or ideas,
Dan

Black Thunder 715

Established Member
I never removed the side scoops on my '12 GT/CS. I think the car looked better with them. And now that I bought a '14 GT, I'm planning to buy new scoops b/c it's not a CS.

IGO 202

Established Member
I'm just ready to change things up a little. I've seen some Mustangs without them and like the looks, I guess it bothers me a little that they are just a fake scoop.

But.......I have seen some Mustangs with them and they look good too.

Kinda surprised after 153 views nobody has posted about taking them off after a long period of time, maybe I'm a loner on this.

Thanks,
Dan

kingcobra323

Established Member
I too want to remove mine. I've heard use a heat gun or blow dryer to heat the double sided tape. Then use a pretty strong fishing line and pull it downward. Then use some goopoff to remove excess adhesive

Posted via Topify on Android

Users who are viewing this thread