• whatever number is highest/ adjust for mustang dyno

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • rwhp only/ adjust for mustang dyno

Votes: 9 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bluestreak89

Established Member
I see a lot of postst about Hp in sigs but some people dont establich if its RWHP or Crank. Sure crank looks better but to a real enthusiast rw is the real thing. What do you guys think. And for that matter who adjusts their hp numbers if taken on a mustang dyno as opposed to a dyno jet.

Dusten

Established Member
Well, i am getting the truck dyno'd next weekend, on a mustang dyno. I plan on posting RWHP number and not adjusting, i will just note what dyno it was on. Also, if you figure Crank HP without actually getting it dyno'd on an engine dyno, then you are posting the wrong numbers anyways

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
bluestreak89 said:
I see a lot of postst about Hp in sigs but some people dont establich if its RWHP or Crank. Sure crank looks better but to a real enthusiast rw is the real thing. What do you guys think. And for that matter who adjusts their hp numbers if taken on a mustang dyno as opposed to a dyno jet.

If you see dyno numbers in a sig.... you can BANK they are RWHP!

Who is going to pull the motor and have it dynoed at an engine dyno shop .... even if they had it built there(most are bolt on cars)?????

Got any examples of people running suspected flywheel HP numbers in a sig????

:shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

04svtdriver

I need another sports car
Established Member
bluestreak89 said:
Sure crank looks better but to a real enthusiast rw is the real thing. What do you guys think?
I'm with you RWHP is the only ##'s that matter IMO. But now lets take this ???? a little farther is the RWHP you're putting on there STD or SAE corrected my ##'s happen to be sae Corrected. 469HP and 491TQ I know they aren't anywhere near you whipple/KB/Turbo guys but I like em (FOR NOW)

04svtdriver

I need another sports car
Established Member
Jimmysidecarr said:

Who is going to pull the motor and have it dynoed at an engine dyno shop .... even if they had it built there(most are bolt on cars)?????

I'm not sure that's what he meant.. i think he means people estimate Crank HP from their RW numbers to make it look better.

bluestreak89

Established Member
04svtdriver said:
I'm not sure that's what he meant.. i think he means people estimate Crank HP from their RW numbers to make it look better.

Yeah that's what I meant. I get tempted sometimes to say my car is 1000 hp which it is at the crank and I would say that to people with Z06's saying they have 500 hp or when folks talk about the new GT 500 its 500 hp, of course no owners on dyno yet, but I wouold compare apples to apples, and to people that dont really know the difference, you can bet I will say 1000hp. But to post those numbers as official on a site like this will get you :burn: because people will start asking for dyno sheets. Im sure there are some posers around here posting crank hp numbers.

Last edited:

Wintermute

Banned
I just say "XXX at the wheels" when people ask, if they look confused I tell them the crank number and explain the difference if I have time.

machone

NA power
Established Member
Jimmysidecarr said:

No one pulls their motor and does that. What they do is:

"Ok so i have a catback, 10hp, K&n intake 10hp, synthetic oil 5 hp, UDPs 10hp, and i have a 260hp GT (Using as an example, not tryin to dis GT owners at all) so 260+10+10+10+5=295! So now i can put it in my sig! 2004 GT 295hp!!!"

Oh ya and my numbers are RWHP from a dynojet from the throttle stop.

Juice33

Patently Awesome
Established Member
Everyone puts rwhp if they have numbers in the sig, I thought that was common practice. Now it is still murky waters because of the different dynos and whether or not the numbers are SAE or STD. I am pretty sure no one on this site participates in ricer math here. I have seen it on other forums but not here.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
I think the rwhp shoud be the average hp in the dyno...not the peak hp.....just an idea....but hell who cares

SVT GuY 281SC

Banned
Jimmysidecarr said:

x2

BUT there is a proven way to figure out WHP, just add 50hp per sticker, 100hp per spoiler/chin spoiler, 300hp for an unfitting/unpainted ugly body kit, and another 100hp per scoop, and as for emblems, they're worth a solid 45 to the wheels...and 6 inch exhaust tips on a 1.5 inch pipe are worth ATLEAST 180 maybe 190 whp! :pepper:
:fart:
:bash: :kaboom:

Last edited:

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
SVT GuY 281SC said:
x2

BUT there is a proven way to figure out WHP, just add 50hp per sticker, 100hp per spoiler/chin spoiler, 300hp for an unfitting/unpainted ugly body kit, and another 100hp per scoop, and as for emblems, they're worth a solid 45 to the wheels...and 6 inch exhaust tips on a 1.5 inch pipe are worth ATLEAST 180 maybe 190 whp! :pepper:
:fart:
:bash: :kaboom:

+1, it's all proven.

And someone could have built a motor and put it on an engine dyno. Most people do that, seeing as how all we have is an engine dyno here in town.

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
Are engine dyno's very common anymore? They seem to be really complicated setups and take lots of time to even put and engine on. Especially on computer controlled cars.

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
My numbers are SAE RWHP.

Whenever I'm around people who don't know much about cars, I tell them my crank horsepower because it gets a bigger "wow" factor. :)

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Will someone explain the difference between SAE and STD? I realize that one is with all accessories (air conditioning) off, and one on... at least I think thats what it's like.

Users who are viewing this thread