Sigh... Anyway To Use Stock TB With Aftermarket TB Built Whipple?

ArcaneParadise

Established Member
Hello..., I currently have a Whipple with an aftermarket TB.

I've set up the TB properly and everything, I just do not like it and nothing would make me happier than to just get the stock TB on.

I called Whipple a while ago and they told me that I cannot mix stock TB with aftermarket TB Whipple.

They told me I can buy an aftermarket TB suited Whipple pleneum for $700.

Also, in the trader forums, I put up a WTB thread for one of these stock TB Whipple pleneums but no one seems to have one and also they are telling me that Whipple pleneums are not removable.

Surely someone has been in this situation before. I do not know what to do. I cannot stand the aftermarket TB. It makes the driving experience actually BAD.

Any input or helpful suggestions?

evans03c

1% evil, 99% hot air
Established Member
hmm, I was wanting to convert my Whipple with stock throttle body to aftermarket TB but now you've made me nervous. I thought the throttle response would be better with your setup? Maybe your TB just has some problems. I've heard that the Accufabs for instance sometimes need some tweaking to get them perfect. I believe the Whipple Plenum is cast as part of the Whipple so it's not removable. You might have to find someone who's willing to swap Whipples with TB and all. BTW I'm in Santa Cruz.

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
Im running an Accufab single blade on my KB, therefore, this would be the same inlet that you are running on your Whipple and I think that they are awesome. I have not once encountered one problem with my aftermarket TB and driving experiences have never been better. The only difference that I noticed when I bought the accufab w/ KB was the throttle response. It was better and of couse its a single blade to I probably made a little more horsepower. If you decide to run more than 15-17psi on your twinscrew then I would recommend the Accufab anyway! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread