Sign this petition!

txyaloo

Established Member
+1 - It kills me that this has been proposed again. It's such a waste of legislation. These fools in Congress need to look at the crime statistics since the sunset of the Clinton AWB. From what I've seen, violent crime by guns has not increased due to the increased availability of these "dangerous" features.

I know murder by bayonet has just been off the charts since 2004. :rollseyes

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
As has pointed out so many times, the people who support this type of legislation are swayed only by the look of these types of weapons. A survey was done where they took a 10-22 rifle and placed it on a table and next to it was a 10-22 with a molded plastic folding "sporter" stock and banana clip, the vast majority of people surveyed said the one with the sporter stock was far more dangerous.

Trill Gear Head

Established Member
signed

The government already controls too much of our daily lives. "Guns don't kill people, Fathers that come home early do." lol But in all seriousness you all know what i'm saying, if a person wants to kill somebody they find a way. On top of that, we were given the right to bear arms under the constitution.

Groovyash

Established Member
An internet petition is pretty much worth the amount of effort you've put into it. In other words not much. I strongly advise you to contact your congressman and state reps, a written letter is most formal, and let them know that idiotic legislation like this is simply not the "common sense" it is suggested to be, in fact defies basic logic. With any luck this will never make it out of committee, at least not untill after the 08 elections. Gun control and the previous AWB played a large part in costing Democrats control of congress for 12 years. Only the most frothing at the mouth, rabid anti gun liberals are going to push this before the elections if they get the message that the majority of Americans still disagree with gun control.

Dan

Last edited:

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
As has pointed out so many times, the people who support this type of legislation are swayed only by the look of these types of weapons. A survey was done where they took a 10-22 rifle and placed it on a table and next to it was a 10-22 with a molded plastic folding "sporter" stock and banana clip, the vast majority of people surveyed said the one with the sporter stock was far more dangerous.

That's goofy. .22s aren't dangerous at all!

Groovyash

Established Member
ford_racer said:
That's goofy. .22s aren't dangerous at all!

Actually more people are killed with .22lr than any other caliber. The point being made is that the bill is intended to ban "scary" looking weapons, the functionally same firearm with different cosmetic features now becomes an "assault weapon" which is just silly.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Groovyash said:
Actually more people are killed with .22lr than any other caliber. The point being made is that the bill is intended to ban "scary" looking weapons, the functionally same firearm with different cosmetic features now becomes an "assault weapon" which is just silly.

Uh yeah, I know what the AWB is about. It was a joke :beer:

8616v

Shakin
Established Member
FordSVTFan said:

I refuse to believe the people are that dumb...who am i kidding, i shouldn't be at all surprised...

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
i was one one of the first pages, the 1994 AWB = teh ghey. they dont realize that alot of manufacturers depend solely on the civilian sales, and without them, they wont be able to supply our LE, and military. jsut like the idiots tyring to ban 50 cals. without civilian sales, john barrett wouldnt be able to keep the company open, i know the guy, and he has told me this in person. then who will supply the military with the M82's, M107's, and now the new M468 6.8SPC?

tenmiledaddy

Airborne
Established Member
Signed...................What idiots we have in Washington...................People know right from wrong.................Leave our freedoms alone.................

OhIIICobra

Established Member
Signed...

BS legislation like this makes me furious. I am an active duty military member and THE most important right we have as Americans is the right to bear arms IMO. Like some people say, the founding fathers didn't put it in there for duck huntin'.

It sickens me that we are a nation at war and our own rights are being stripped away while we arm Iraqi citizens with fully automatic weapons to preserve their freedoms? I'm not anti war by any means, but WTF? I really cringe at the though of this nation in 25 - 30 years if we keep going down the same path with inaction in immigration / other critical arenas and progressively stripping away freedoms from the citizens.

Users who are viewing this thread