Silencer Ring on 2005 F-250 PSD

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
I was wondering if anyone on here has removed the silencer ring from the turbo on their 6.0's. I removed the intake pipe that leads into the turbo to reveal a cone shaped housing that had the ring in it. I tried to get the ring out but nothing seemed to work. My friend's step dad, who modifies diesels and drives monster trucks for a living said I might have to heat the ring up for it to slide out? Does anyone have any experience with this or any insight on the removal of the ring? Also does it have any real effect on the motor or performance to take the ring out? Thanks again for any response.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
SID297 said:

Sorry I didn't take any pics. I will try to get some for you as soon as I can but it has been raining here pretty bad the past couple of days.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
I posted the same question over at the diesel truck world forums and I got a response saying that the ring is cast into the housing and needs to be milled off. They said I would not see any power gains or any increase in the whistle of the turbo.

EATONSRT

Lights out for Merriman!
Established Member
i was just about to say, the ring is machined in. Needs to be milled out and its useless for power gains or sound gains.

Lord Tauk

SVT God
Established Member
The intercoolers "hot" pipe on the 6.0s have sound dapening insulation wrapped around it? If so, you can remove it. You're turbo might get a little more loud. I think mine did a little bit. It looks better without foil wrapped around just 1 intercooler pipe.

I took mine off, this is a 7.3 though. If the 6.0s do have insulation, the best way I found is pulling the pipe out from under the hood, there was so much glue on mine and was too messy not to.

Last edited:

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
Sorry, no insulation here. But yea I guess I will not mess with the silencer ring. Thanks for the input

Users who are viewing this thread