Silicone wedding bands. Qalo or Groove?

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
I've been looking into getting a silicone wedding band for a while but haven't gotten around to ordering it. Does anyone wear them? Any input on either Qalo vs Groove? Is one better than the other? Do the carvings in the Groove really make a cooling difference? Or is it 6 in one, half a dozen in the other? Truth be told, at $25-30 each, I should probably just buy them both and make my decision then, but if one is significantly better reviewed than the other, maybe I can save 1/2 a tank of gas. Thank in advance.

Qalo link

Groove link

YJSONLY

Established Member
2 of my cousins wear them. One a RN other is a medic.
I don't wear one. Wife and I had talk long ago... (because of what I do for a living) I know a guy who has a full time shocker because of his ring!

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
Yeah, I was a mechanic and I'm starting the fire academy in January. I probably should have switched years ago when I was turning wrenches, but never got around to it.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I've considered them. Haven't purchased one yet. I always take mine off when even the most distant/slightest chance of ring avulsion comes up lol.

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
I'm glad this was brought up because I've been considering one for a while. I have a friend who has a Qalo. I got to try it on and although it was too big for my finger, it was alright. I wasn't big on their little logo they have, but other than that it was ok.

bgoose99

Established Member
Never heard of such a thing...but thanks for the heads up! Just ordered a Groove for my wife. She has a mild allergic reaction to both tungsten carbide and cobalt, so rarely wears her wedding band. We'll give this a shot. :)

paintballpyro1

Established Member
I have big knuckles so my ring has to be oversized and can be uncomfortable on top I work on electrical signs. I bought a cheap one off Amazon for $6.99 by a company called honor. It's pretty comfortable, the wife doesn't like it cause she thinks any silicone ring just looks cheap but I don't think it looks bad.

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
I have been wearing a qalo "chemical resistant" for a few weeks. Other than finding out Naptha and Xylene melt the shit out of it it's a comfortable ring.

Went from tungsten carbide to this because of how often I am working in tight spaces.

Had to send the original one back for one a size larger. This one I am able to wash under which was important to me. The weight difference is noticeable and I keep their logo turned down so I don't see it as often.

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk

Stanger00

Established Member
I see them around with the guys at work and when I went to a Sandals resort a lot of newlyweds were wearing them while swimming in the pool and ocean.

I'm a mechanic but still wear a kobalt ring since I don't have to reach in tight spaces or work with powered moving parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I have one I got from Amazon for like $12 about a year ago. It is beat to hell, but still holding up well. I wear my real band 90% of the time, except for when doing work. Even it isn't my original gold ring. The main ring I have now is a Tungsten Carbide. It is of course tough as hell too, and the edges aren't sharp.

BRNG ITT

Established Member
Really enjoy my Qalo. As mentioned before, no need to worry about degloving, plus non-conductive so electrical work friendly.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
I had a black tungsten I was using but recently switched to a QALO because it was on sale at the NEX lol.
$16 make you hollllla, so far so good.

04owmach

Established Member
If you get a qalo, do not get the perforated one. Worn mine for a week and a half and 2 holes already torn.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Sn95Snake

Established Member
Just go on Amazon and search silicone rings. There are a ton on there for under $10. You can even get packs of 3 for under $10 if I am not mistaken.

65fastback289

Established Member
ive been wearing my qalo ring for a year and a half now. never had a problem with it even when im working with oils, liquids or just going to the gym.

my best friend has one as well and hes a firefighter. hes been wearing his for over 2 years.

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
I have a Tungsten Carbide band and have been happy with it. Spilled oil, fuel on it with no adverse affects. It was $50 or something.

Users who are viewing this thread