Similar situation again. I think I have people who understand....help

WVTrakPak

Established Member
I have been a car nut all my life and especially a Ford nut. I cannot seem to be satisfied at all. I have owned a Roush Trak Pak, 13 GT500, 14GT500, 997S, GT350 and I decided to go back to my current ride the 86 Saleen. Well I love the car, but it doesn't provide the driving enjoyment of what I am used to but it handles great and has that old school fox body feel I grew up with. Well I drove a Boss LS and I like it a ton.

I enjoy track days but probably will never do more than one a year with the amount of other interests I have. I loved the GT350 and it never used oil but I was always worried it would. I think the Boss LS would be what I need but I thought that before. Drive to work once a week, cruzins and Cars & Coffee stuff, track occasionally and be happy with the fact that it is a special car. But then again, I will probably see another puppy and my attention be drawn that way.

I have been happy with my Raptor more than any vehicle I have ever owned, I honestly believe.

Anyone else face these same dilemmas?
Thoughts on the Boss LS?

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I love Fords too but your problem sounds like you should consider trying some other vehicles because the Fords you like just aren't cutting it anymore. Or why not a new GT500?

89 turbo Fox

Established Member
I am nearing 60. I have been a car nut since the age of 15 when I bought my first car. It was a 1965 Fairlane Sports Coupe for $400.00. I'm now looking for a 1966 Fairlane. It just never ends.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Ha, I think my Raptor is my absolute favorite vehicle to drive on the street. It just does everything so well and it is such a badass ****ing truck.

Personally, I find car shows to be incredibly boring and it doesn't appeal to me at all. To me, sports car ownership is more dependent on actually driving the car than merely owning it. I am sure that most sports car owners don't drive them because they are paranoid about distracted/bad drivers and/or they don't want to drive it on poorly maintained roads. Heaven forbid that driving it will ruin their detail job that they spent hours on. Sadly, that mindset hinders the sports car driving experience and it results in very few miles driven and ejoyer

There is a cure for that though.....Driving it on the road course!

You are fortunate to live near VIR and there are many iconic road courses around you that offer driving schools and lapping days that prepare drivers to truly experience the limits of your car in a safe and controlled environment. Going to the road course once a year will not improve your driving skills, going multiple times a year will and it is incredibly fun. It is the absolute best and safest way to experience the performance of your car, develop advanced driving and car control skills, and meet life long friends who share this mutual passion. You should step out of that comfort zone and attend a track day. Don't sell your car due to boredom or wanting the next car....fall in love with what you have again, and experience that same feeling every time you are on the track.

WVTrakPak

Established Member
Ha, I think my Raptor is my absolute favorite vehicle to drive on the street. It just does everything so well and it is such a badass ****ing truck.

Personally, I find car shows to be incredibly boring and it doesn't appeal to me at all. To me, sports car ownership is more dependent on actually driving the car than merely owning it. I am sure that most sports car owners don't drive them because they are paranoid about distracted/bad drivers and/or they don't want to drive it on poorly maintained roads. Heaven forbid that driving it will ruin their detail job that they spent hours on. Sadly, that mindset hinders the sports car driving experience and it results in very few miles driven and ejoyer

There is a cure for that though.....Driving it on the road course!

You are fortunate to live near VIR and there are many iconic road courses around you that offer driving schools and lapping days that prepare drivers to truly experience the limits of your car in a safe and controlled environment. Going to the road course once a year will not improve your driving skills, going multiple times a year will and it is incredibly fun. It is the absolute best and safest way to experience the performance of your car, develop advanced driving and car control skills, and meet life long friends who share this mutual passion. You should step out of that comfort zone and attend a track day. Don't sell your car due to boredom or wanting the next car....fall in love with what you have again, and experience that same feeling every time you are on the track.

I probably have 40-50 days at VIR and it is incredible. I miss it but job, airplane and family have kinda squeezed it out. I want to have a car with the ability to go for the weekend but not that much.

Car shows are boring I agree, the cruzins and cars/coffee are what I really enjoy. Just friends talking cars.

WVTrakPak

Established Member
I am nearing 60. I have been a car nut since the age of 15 when I bought my first car. It was a 1965 Fairlane Sports Coupe for $400.00. I'm now looking for a 1966 Fairlane. It just never ends.

This is why I bought the Saleen, and it just didnt do it for me.

WVTrakPak

Established Member
I love Fords too but your problem sounds like you should consider trying some other vehicles because the Fords you like just aren't cutting it anymore. Or why not a new GT500?

The 997S was a great car but I missed the sound of a Stang. Owned a Boxster for years that was the wifes and we probably enjoyed it as much as any car I have owned.

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I kind of had the same issue. But once I moved to Maine some of it resolved itself. You see, when you drive a 1,200+ HP drag car, my modified 08' Bullitt seemed boring and slow. But in Maine, when you have 6 months of not being able to drive the Bullitt because of the snow, and you end up driving around in a 125 hp Focus, when spring breaks and the weather turns nice, all of the sudden the 345 whp Bullitt seems like a hoot...until I take the Saleen down the 1/8 mile. Lol.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I have been a car nut all my life and especially a Ford nut. I cannot seem to be satisfied at all. I have owned a Roush Trak Pak, 13 GT500, 14GT500, 997S, GT350 and I decided to go back to my current ride the 86 Saleen. Well I love the car, but it doesn't provide the driving enjoyment of what I am used to but it handles great and has that old school fox body feel I grew up with. Well I drove a Boss LS and I like it a ton.

I enjoy track days but probably will never do more than one a year with the amount of other interests I have. I loved the GT350 and it never used oil but I was always worried it would. I think the Boss LS would be what I need but I thought that before. Drive to work once a week, cruzins and Cars & Coffee stuff, track occasionally and be happy with the fact that it is a special car. But then again, I will probably see another puppy and my attention be drawn that way.

I have been happy with my Raptor more than any vehicle I have ever owned, I honestly believe.

Anyone else face these same dilemmas?
Thoughts on the Boss LS?
Felt that way about my now sold 2011 GT500. It was a brute of a car, but the shitty TR6060 ruined the fun of it in the end. Id thought about getting it rebuilt and even bought all the Tremec upgrade parts, but never got around to pulling the trans out. Lot of other factors led to me getting rid of the Shelby as well. Part of me misses it, but its been a week and a half and I have no regrets selling. I guess that means it was time.

I pulled the trigger on selling because I had found a 1970 Chevelle I wanted to buy. Sold the GT500 and a few days later my Excursion's V10 started to run not well. Engine didnt make it unscathed from this last overheating issue. :/

So instead of a muscle car Im looking for a family truck, lol. At least I got my Nova to play with... when I get it running lol.

WVTrakPak

Established Member
So you're asking a bunch of guys/gals on a car enthusiasts forum, whether or not they get tired of cars and move on to something else?

Does Ron Jeremy get tired of women?

My Ford dealer loves me!

WVTrakPak

Established Member
had same issue. The new GT500 is what did it for me.

I did the event at the Roval and did not want to like it. One pull out of turn two and then feeling the tranny work in the braking zone and I was sold. I love that car, but I dont think I would enjoy just driving it. My 14 500 had 700 plus and it was so easy to be travelling at go to jail speeds without thinking much and I know the new one would be worse.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
A 2013 Boss is on my short list. I'll have one in the next 5 years or so. I had a 2013 GT that ended up getting twin turbos and i loved it.

The only downside to the Boss will be the trans. Nothing a Magnum XL wont fix though.

WVTrakPak

Established Member
A 2013 Boss is on my short list. I'll have one in the next 5 years or so. I had a 2013 GT that ended up getting twin turbos and i loved it.

The only downside to the Boss will be the trans. Nothing a Magnum XL wont fix though.
I think that would be $3500 well spent to make it what it should be.

Users who are viewing this thread