Sirius BEATEN to Death i'm sure

lilboss82

Established Member
I searched again, but I need to ask one last time.... has anyone ever swapped a Sat Ready unit out of an 04 into an 03. I know the wiring is different, but its got to be possible... right? I really am trying to keep the MACH system installed. Thanks

Oh Three Cobra

Established Member
I was thinking of doing the same thing but just bought the Sirius Sportster. You get a better display and ability to move it between cars if you buy a 2nd antenna and power wire.

BWH2003

Established Member
No one has successfully done it yet. Im sure if you get the entire mach system out of an 04 it would work but it just wouldnt be worth it.

1svtfan

Shaken, not stirred
Established Member
lilboss82 said:
I searched again, but I need to ask one last time.... has anyone ever swapped a Sat Ready unit out of an 04 into an 03. I know the wiring is different, but its got to be possible... right? I really am trying to keep the MACH system installed. Thanks

Check this site out if you're after Sat Radio and you have an 03' with the AUX button.
http://oem-auto-accessory.com/factory_satellite_radio.html

BWH2003

Established Member
1svtfan said:
Check this site out if you're after Sat Radio and you have an 03' with the AUX button.
http://oem-auto-accessory.com/factory_satellite_radio.html

Good find. What they might have done is change the wiring harness to the 03's plugs. Perfect idea. I want someone with an 03 to try this and see if it does everything the 04's head unit will do. Like sho artist, song name, etc.

GREENMAN80

Established Member
I was always a big fan of the Mach stereo system, so much that I just added a sub to my stock system and was pretty happy with it. That was until 2 days ago when I removed the sub and amp, when I drove it without the sub, I realized how crappy it is. I was going to add an ipod adapter and a sirius radio tuner to the mach, but I think I am just going to go with and aftermarket head unit and speakers.
M

Users who are viewing this thread