Size Exhaust for 03 Cobra??

stalker92

Established Member
I dont know what size exhaust to go with on my 03 cobra, what size bassani o/r X-pipe should i get? 2.5 or 3 inch? Then from the x pipe to the tail pipes wat size mufflers/Intermediate pipes should i get, 2.5 or 3 inch? In the long run i want to put a different pulley,Idler pullies etc, CAI, and chip it, but its probably not goin to be for a while. Iwant to get the most power but i also want it to be loud and have a really deep rumble. I cant decide and to tell u the truth, i dont really know which size is better, i hope someone can help, Thanx

Rwick7

Established Member
Bassani 2.5 inch stuff will be plenty for your plans with the car. Even most the big 550+ HP cars are still using 2.5

SmokenGRA03

SmokEater "LIVE STRONG"
Established Member
I have Long tube headers "Kooks" OffRoad X Pipe FlowMaster Muffs and from the Headers on back is 2 1/2" the tail Pipes are 3 1/2"...looks GREAT!!... and when you get on it talk about LOUD!!! Can you say STOCK CAR loud.....I LOVE THIS SET UP!

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
So, besides the obvious bottlenecks (like mufflers and cats) in the stock system, are there any other items that would make the stock system worse than an aftermarket one?

Just curious. :read:

akaeric

Established Member
The Cobra has dour cat's 2 precats off the exhaust manafold and two main line cats. Iwent to a custom exhaust shop and saved a lot of money because those kits are expensive and get no differant benafits if you go custom or kit just a set of cat back are over $ 500.00 and thats what I paid for my exhaut and I started from the precats to a X no cats to Megnaflow exhaust and 3 inch stainless tips. Now I'm from the old age I like to hear my exhaust but if you are more modern everybody likes the catback but I could have walked out for under $300.00 if I just got cat back exhaust. I get enough back pressure from the precats and the X pipe that helps gives more tork and I here my SC sing a little more with a more open exhaust but I live in a state with out any emission inspection to past

Users who are viewing this thread