size of passenger seat hex bolts

Chi3f

Established Member
what size hex do i need to remove the bolts that hold the seat in... i used to have one i believe but lost it... need the seat out asap!!! before i lose my motivation

Chi3f

Established Member
yea torxx derpppp... i had hex wrenches in my hand from unwiring the amp that's under the seat...danke guys. now i gotta head to my napa to get one so i can finish putting the computer in :-D

Jeff-'03

What's That Whine Noise?
Established Member
hwo do you fit a computer all in..??? how much does it all cost and liek whats it all hooked into?

Blownsob

Blown Member
Established Member
by the way, if you dont know the size of a bolt and you need the size fast the best and easiest thing to do is color the end of the bolt or in your case the hex, with a permenant marker and then hold your finger on it for a second and push kindof hard. I know it sounds stupid but I will garuntee you get the right size every time.

Chi3f

Established Member
Jeff-'03 said:
hwo do you fit a computer all in..??? how much does it all cost and liek whats it all hooked into?

after molding in the touchscreen, building the computer with low power parts, using a dc to dc power supply that is meant to use with a computer in a vehicle.( it turns the computer on when it gets an ignition signal, shuts it off when loses the signal after a user set time, has low voltage protection. etc...) All the wires and such i probably spent a little over a grand. You can spend more and you can go a different route and spend less. i'm happy with how it turned out... the computer itself is 6.5" by 6.5" and just under 2" tall. fits under the passenger seat with the amp no problem. Uses all laptop parts.

herb101

Dis-Member-ed
Established Member
Chi3f said:
after molding in the touchscreen, building the computer with low power parts, using a dc to dc power supply that is meant to use with a computer in a vehicle.( it turns the computer on when it gets an ignition signal, shuts it off when loses the signal after a user set time, has low voltage protection. etc...) All the wires and such i probably spent a little over a grand. You can spend more and you can go a different route and spend less. i'm happy with how it turned out... the computer itself is 6.5" by 6.5" and just under 2" tall. fits under the passenger seat with the amp no problem. Uses all laptop parts.

That's cool. Which Mini-ITX MB did you use? CPU speed? Did you fab the case or purchase one? Any pics of the install - especially the LCD? Were and how did you mount the CD/DVD drive? Was the touch screen a 7" or 8"? Lilliput ot Xenarc? What front-end software are you running? If you haven't already, check out mp3car.com (filter through the Euro-babble).

I am looking at putting something together for mine too, do hopefully go together with the expy console install. I'll torn between the Mini-ITX setup or a dock with my HP DV1000 series (1.86Mhz, 1G ram). I already use the laptop for the Dynoject WBC and my SCT PRP software, so it would be natural to mix it in there. Something dedicate and permanent mount would be so cool though!

Sorry for the 20 questions (OK only 8 really).

Herb

Chi3f

Established Member
herb101 said:
That's cool. Which Mini-ITX MB did you use? CPU speed? Did you fab the case or purchase one? Any pics of the install - especially the LCD? Were and how did you mount the CD/DVD drive? Was the touch screen a 7" or 8"? Lilliput ot Xenarc? What front-end software are you running? If you haven't already, check out mp3car.com (filter through the Euro-babble).

I am looking at putting something together for mine too, do hopefully go together with the expy console install. I'll torn between the Mini-ITX setup or a dock with my HP DV1000 series (1.86Mhz, 1G ram). I already use the laptop for the Dynoject WBC and my SCT PRP software, so it would be natural to mix it in there. Something dedicate and permanent mount would be so cool though!

Sorry for the 20 questions (OK only 8 really).

Herb

i used a aopen pandora minipc, carnetix p1900 power supply. put in a 1.5 celeron, 7" lilliput. cd drive came with the pandora... it's a dvd cdrw combo. doesn't skip going down the road so far... didn't go far. the amp, power supply, usb hub, and computer are all under the passenger seat.

i don't have a front end setup yet i might not even bother... at 640x480 i can get around decent with the touchscreen. Also have a wireless keyboard mouse combo.

these are pics of the screen from the fall before i had the computer hooked up. i don't have any new shots as of yet... maybe at some point i don't have a digital camera anymore. pics look horrible cause of a crappy camera.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234113

One of the big reasons i put it in was so i could datalog my xcal2 and my dynojet wideband without having to have a laptop with me.

i have the same username on mp3car as i do here.

Last edited:

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
t55.If you are taking out the passenger seat,move the seat foward and remove the 3 rear bolts first.Then move the seat back and remove the front two...

Chi3f

Established Member
brucewrs said:
t55.If you are taking out the passenger seat,move the seat foward and remove the 3 rear bolts first.Then move the seat back and remove the front two...

yea thats how i did it. my wifi antenna came today so this response is coming from inside the lightning :rockon:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread