Skateboard spare tire, yay or nay?

Aftrbrnr

Established Member
So some kids went drifting and and broke the drum assembly off the rear-wheel of their Neon, making it impossible to put the wheel back on or use a spare tire. Claiming they didn't have the money for a tow, they put a block of wood and a skateboard underneath it to drive home. Word got out to some adults in the car community and the kids got shamed, the kids get defensive and said there was nothing they could do, and things such as "to go touch yourself" if you didn't have anything nice to say about the situation. What are your thoughts?

10404509_10152482768938857_6369907899645994107_n_z%20%20ps8f5c12c9.gif

[video=youtube;oU8nws4ix7I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU8nws4ix7I[/video]

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
umm, ****ing ingenious.

how are they getting shamed?

Some ****** ass adults apparently, Id give nothing but props for some kids having the ingenuity to use a skateboard as a spare and get themselves back home. Not everyone has the funds to throw $150 on a tow or $100/yr for AAA.

I bet said "adults" in the car community have never turned a wrench to save their lives, have jim bobs performance do all their mods, and have the audacity to talk down on someone like this is just beyond me.

Last edited:

93_408_LX

Established Member
Im with the above post. Impressive, and the car would still be controllable if need be, so they cant really even claim unsafe. Also looks like they are going slow. Good on em

99cobra302

Established Member
If it's stupid, and it works. It isn't stupid.

The video looks like the kids were not driving like retards, and limping it home. F anyone who calls them out on it.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
How do you drift a Neon? I'm impressed by the skate board would never think it would hold that much weight. They obviously had two cars (guy recording) personally I would have left the car there bought parts went back the next day and fixed it where it was. Hey what ever works, probably wouldn't have happened if you weren't doing dumb shit to start with but we all did stupid things when we got our first car. Macgyver would be proud.

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
If there's snow or water, you can ebrake drift it. Neons lock up the rears pretty easy with the ebrake. One if my buddies favorite movies was ebrake 180s to turn around in his neon back in hs.

Or you can get the plastic trays from McDonald's and put those under the rear tires and slide around until they melt off.

MFE

Established Member
I once lifted a car up with spare tire jack and then kicked it sideways off the jack, to free it from the giant snow-boulder I had impacted at the end of a glorious 70-mph drift in a snow-covered parking lot. Gotta do what ya gotta do to keep from calling dad, and haters gon' hate.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
34bde2c7eac4b12fec8ebfad5b806f0f5c12f2f7493fd40ca2e01f5d6c84901e.jpg

I'm surprised the skateboard held up to that. I don't see an issue with it. They just saved money on a tow and were being smart about how fast they drove. If they were still trying to drive the speed limit, well that's a different story.

scott_0

Established Member
maybe in a pinch, and only for a very short distance, kinda clever I guess.

Almighty-One

^_^
Established Member
obviously not safe and definitely not driving it....but for moving it around it pretty ingenious lol

edit: and now i'm in the mood for some skate board videos

Users who are viewing this thread