SL500 roadster

crabby

got halfshafts?
Established Member
Im not a street racer by any stretch but Im not about to get dissed by some guy in his 100k mercedes either sooo I was on my way to work this morning when this guy with what looks like his kid in the car comes rollin up a foot off my rear in his brand new 03 sl500 roadster. I change lanes to let him go (since eastbound traffic on the Long Island Expressway in the morning moves but its not so open that you can get on it safely) but today traffic was lite becuase of the holiday I guess. He pulls up next to me sneering down his nose at my "crappy mustang" and his kid was laughing at me as he revs next to me. So I figure wtf lets get it on for a quick pull, I drop it in 3rd at about 55 and as soon as he heres me downshift he guns it. I took 3rd to about 5000 rpm and cranked 4th and just blew right by him. I bailed at about 90 a good 3 car lengths ahead of him. Slowed back down to give him a look and he wouldnt make eyecontact and either would his kid so I just chuckled and went on my merry way. When I got home I looked up his cars specs and wonder what the hell he was thinking messin with a "crappy mustang" called a cobra.:nono:

Last edited:

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
thats a great kill dude!! I love throwing money in peoples faces. You spent how much on that?? LOL. With the extra 65k he spent on the sl500, he coulda bought another Cobra and made them both run 10's. LOL.

Pyro

Established Member
Nice kill...too bad that guy was a tool because those are nice cars. The standard SL500's are no real match for a modded Cobra but I've heard that the AMG versions are quite fast. NOt sure of the exact numbers though. They are also much more expensive than the $100K SL500's.

Nice Run

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
493 bhp for the sl55 and the car weighs 4400+ lbs

so even the sl55 should not pose a threat to your modded cobra.

there is a new 2004 sl600 now too though. it is also at 493 bhp but uses a v12 to do it with twin turbo's. The sl600 is just slightly slower in accelerating because of its gearing (2.65 vs the 2.82 in the sl55)... but with 590 lbft of tourqe it is a powerful car.

Still, an unmodded sl55 or sl600 is not a threat to a pullied cobra.

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread