SL55 AMG chickened out

Pyro

Established Member
Yesterday as I was getting on the freeway, a beautiful SL55 AMG was in front of me. I'm sure he saw me behind him because he took off up the onramp pretty quickly. I stayed right on him the entire time then when I got beside him and casually passed to see if he wanted some, he just hung back just off my right rear then slowly dropped back. After a few minutes of waiting for him at 65 mph to line up, he just slowly fell back even more. (probably got a glimpse of the "Supercharged" emblem.)

I dont get it...what gives? He was a worthy car and a beautiful one at that. Why wouldn't he play? There was no traffic so it should have been good for a quick 65 to 100 shot.

How do you guys think I would have done against the new SL55 AMG given my mods? Aren't those much heavier than the Terminator?

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
With your mods you should walk a stock SL55. They weigh in around 4200 lbs, and put down 400 RWHP.

Pyro

Established Member
Originally posted by charged98cobra
Yeah, but you gotta admit, it is BAD ARSE to be a 4 door sedan and have that much power.

4-door sedan? An SL55 AMG is a two seater, two door sports coupe/convertable.

Youm must be thinking of Treynors beast.

04HillzGT

Established Member
the SL is a sweet car if only they offered something other than the automatic give it a full out manual and it'd be even hotter. Guess he was scared of the snake

SnakeSkinner

Established Member
From 65 to 100 you should have pulled a length on him with your output, assuming you left at the same time. And don't knock the auto, that thing will pull 12.5 115mph run after run after run on stock tires, while if you miss one shift or mistime the launch then he'll be in front of you.

FSSNK

Established Member
Some people just dont like to street race. You wouldve killed him though.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Of the supercharged x55 series:

SL = 2 door, 2 seat
CL = 2 door, 4 seat
S = big 4-door, 4-seat
E = midsize 4-door, 4-seat

The E is the fastest of the bunch, owing to its being the lightest. However, the S / CL / SL are also available in the x600 and (soon) the x65 series :D

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Originally posted by FSSNK
Some people just dont like to street race. You wouldve killed him though.

Maybe the guy just got a speeding ticket. :shrug: Happens a lot more than we think.

shaved99gt

Established Member
those cars are really fast ive seen one beat up a modded 03 cobra and a ls1 with a 100shot there really nice cars but WAY too expensive

Users who are viewing this thread