Sl63 AMG kill

Baysixx

Established Member
Tonight I was driving home down the main road that runs through my small suburb town of Danville, CA. I was about to turn onto my street but I wanted to do a quick pull before I called it a night and about 2 miles past my turn there is a straight away for about 1/4 a mile with only 1 stop light and not too many cars or cops are ever around. I'm with my Gf in the car and I start driving down the road and see some led headlights pulling up quick on my left. It was a 2013 sl63 AMG, convertible and idk what it had done to it but it was a guy in what looked like his 50's. he pulled up next to me and we were both going 45 which was the speed limit. Usually these older guys don't want to run. But I hear his car down shift and it sounded nice. I'm still cruising in fifth gear hoping we hit a red light and we do about 100 yards up. There were 2 cars in the left lane and none in mine. I let him cut in front of me and I downshift to 3rd. The light turns green before we slowed and I sped thru in 3rd as he cut back into the left lane after passing the stopped cars. I sped up to catch up with him.
We were going 60 mph and I was right in my powerband at about 4700k rpm. I was running my 275/60/15 et streets so I was ready. I tried to get his attention to 3 honk but he wouldn't look over. Next thing I know, I hear him floor it. I was ready and got right on it. We stayed even through all of third and the road had a slight left bend in it. He was still in the left and I was in the right. My back end was sliding out a little bit but not much so I stayed in it til I hit 7500k rpm. Right when the left bend ended I slammed 4th as I heard his car shift too. I started to pull about a 1 car on him until we hit about 110 then he let off cuz his turn was the next left. I slowed to try and give him a thumbs up but he wouldn't look over at me. I bet he wasn't expecting a mustang to be able to hold up with him.
I did some research and I'm guessing it was the base model not the higher output one. I didn't know how fast these were at all but they are pretty quick. It was a fun run and good way to end the night.
ajy5emub.jpg

A quick pic I took earlier today of my ride.

Dragu1a

Established Member
you sure it was an AMG?

those cars weigh about 4k lbs and the lowest option is 530hp and almost 600ftlb out of a bi-turbo v8.

Timeless

TK-421
Established Member
According to his sig he does have 445rwhp...which being 6-700 lbs lighter than the AMG could make this believable. The AMG with drive train loss could be about where he is.

2011Snake1975

Prius Killa!
Established Member
This story is hard to believe with your 1/4 time posted in your sig.

That car runs an 11.8 1/4 and does 0-60 in 3.6 seconds.

Either that or the old guy was just ****ing with you.

bretlasalle

Established Member
I've had a couple pulls with Baysixx - he's a very good driver...

Also, where we live(Danville, Ca) - there aren't too many good drivers, just real nice cars. I've pulled on some cars that should have been much faster than my boss302.

Good work Baysixx :burnout:

Baysixx

Established Member
This story is hard to believe with your 1/4 time posted in your sig.

That car runs an 11.8 1/4 and does 0-60 in 3.6 seconds.

Either that or the old guy was just ****ing with you.

That was stock with just tires. I haven't been back but I'm planning on running an 11.4-11.6 @120-123 when I go back

Last edited:

Baysixx

Established Member
Doubt it was an amg. The amg sl's haul ass.

I was right behind it at the light it was an amg.
you sure it was an AMG?

those cars weigh about 4k lbs and the lowest option is 530hp and almost 600ftlb out of a bi-turbo v8.
Yea I'm sure. It was about a 60-110 roll I kno once I ran out of 4th it woulda kept pullin on me.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
I was right behind it at the light it was an amg.

Yea I'm sure. It was about a 60-110 roll I kno once I ran out of 4th it woulda kept pullin on me.

60-110 is a pretty short race. May have pulled you in a longer race. GF in car wasn't helping

Baysixx

Established Member
60-110 is a pretty short race. May have pulled you in a longer race. GF in car wasn't helping

If he would've stayed til I topped out my 4th gear I woulda been done. Those things fly all the way up to 150ish then keep on pulling haha

Users who are viewing this thread