Sleep apnea or sleep terror folks chime in.

Svtkidd23

#4THGEARMATTERS
Established Member
So I do shift work and as of last week I've been having this weird shit happening.

Soon as I doze off, I can still hear TV going and fan etc I'm thinking about sleep or trying to sleep. I get this feeling where I can't ****ing breathe and I have to jump up and breathe... Heart would race etc. lay back down and happens again.....

Than I fall asleep and stay asleep.

I'm not fat at all..180lbs and healthy as can be. I'm just lost why it's happening. Sounds like a sleep terror attack.

I have a take home sleep study on the 12th.

Any tips or ideas thoughts etc

dooberGN

Established Member
That's the word I was looking for!

Can they see that at a test?

It's easy to diagnose yourself, i always get a tingly feeling and I can't move my body but my eyes are open, usually comes with auditory or visual hallucinations. I can breath during this so I'm guessing it might be sleep apnea. Sleep apnea isn't something that just happens to obese people my gfs dad is probably the same body type as you and he has it.

Svtkidd23

#4THGEARMATTERS
Established Member
It's easy to diagnose yourself, i always get a tingly feeling and I can't move my body but my eyes are open, usually comes with auditory or visual hallucinations. I can breath during this so I'm guessing it might be sleep apnea. Sleep apnea isn't something that just happens to obese people my gfs dad is probably the same body type as you and he has it.

But does he snore? I don't snore at all and that is usually a main symptom of SA

Svtkidd23

#4THGEARMATTERS
Established Member
And every single time this event occurs I am dreaming something is sucking the air from me via hose or choke or something weird

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
I've had some extremely bad sleep paralysis in the past. It hit me so hard id freeze with a loud rushing sound
in my ears, heart would be racing through my chest but I couldn't move. What's so shitty, it always happened
when I was somewhat awake but not, if that makes any sense.

Avoid sleeping on your back. People say it's linked to something unexplainable and others view it as a sleep disorder.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
My doctor told me if i sleep on my back my throat muscles would relax so far they'd nearly collapse. Symptoms snoring or gasp for air during sleep. I quit drinking regularly which has help tremendously.

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
Setup a camcorder with night vision and zoom in on your head/pillow area.
Record yourself overnight and see what's happening.

The wife said I was snoring and gasping for air in my sleep.
At first I didn't believe her, but the camera doesn't lie.
I would actually stop breathing for like 30 seconds, and then my brain would kick in and force a deep emergency breath.
Very scary and disturbing to watch.

I lost 30 lbs after this and it has gone away.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I have sleep apnea and sleep tremors. I have tried numerous meds. Ambien didn't help and caused nightmares that were ****ed up in every way. Lunesta, took 3 and slept 4 hours. I have gotten some relief with 10mgs of Melatonin. I also have a new med the VA prescribed for me to try out.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
I think sleeping issues are normal for those of us on shift work

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
It would be wise to consider other plausible explanations such as a hag demon or a malovent entity. Some people are more prone to attrack them. Ill let svtfocus2cobra chime in as he has had experience with this. For the mean time do some honest praying.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
LOL @ Riddla. That is not a night terror or paralysis. Most likely apnea, if it keeps happening have a sleep study.

Users who are viewing this thread