Slicks!!!!!!! or anyone fast enough...

RapidRunner

Established Member
Help Please....Has anyone with 93 or 95 modified there 8.8 axles to run slicks??? C clips will not work on 93, puts the tire in the quarter. Mark Williams has a 9" flange he weld on but then he says I need his $500 axles because the cheaper ones are notch and will hit brakes. ALso the backing plates need milled? OR have you found a 9" that accpets the cobra brakes?? They say only explorer brakes will work...

As for you 2000 guys I I have no clue on what your rear end is.......

TcM-668

Mark Williams would likely be your best bet, since the other 9" set you can get new is from Currie Enterprises and I think that is $2K+...I think there is a couple other companies doing this type of stuff, but that is not going to be cheap either...

Of course, you could buy the 100 Count 9" kit from FRPP, and weld up your own...at least you would have 99 to sell off..I would buy one if the price was right ...heheheheh

If you look for an early Lincoln Versailles, I am told that they had a 9" rear, and they might have had disk brakes too...

What are you trying to do ? Drag Race at the strip or on the street...If you are on the track, I think you have to have a 9" axle retainers, or C'Clip Eliminators if you are faster than 12s...Obviously for the street, that is not a requirement...

Give us more info on what you are wanting to do, and we'll see what we can do to help...

The 99/00R/01 Cobra has an 8.8" independent rear suspension, that is based on the one used in the Thunderbird, and some Lincolns. Same gearset and Traction-Lok setup, with a different pumpkin...

Don...

RapidRunner

Established Member
TcM-668 I plan on drag racing in WFC5 and running slicks, with out slicks it goes no were with a blowzilla and 373....... NHRA is so stupid, the axles will not fall out on a disc brake car............:gt:

Users who are viewing this thread