Slight chatter from engine when reving it up while in neutral at idle.

ZXMustang

Banned
Anyone else have their cars doing this? I was in a drive through yesterday and I wanted to hear my stock exhaust note so I decided to rev it up just a hair from idle. Well I heard a slight chattering when it was a dead rev from idle, but once the rev comes up it goes away and doesnt do it if you keep reving it. It only does it the first time when slightly reved. Anyone also have this happening? Mine is bone stock with 750 miles. It sounds just like the trans chatter when shifting from 1st to 2nd, but just for a split second when reved gently. Not even reving it past 2k. ??

whitecobra2387

Established Member
Anyone else have their cars doing this? I was in a drive through yesterday and I wanted to hear my stock exhaust note so I decided to rev it up just a hair from idle. Well I heard a slight chattering when it was a dead rev from idle, but once the rev comes up it goes away and doesnt do it if you keep reving it. It only does it the first time when slightly reved. Anyone also have this happening? Mine is bone stock with 750 miles. It sounds just like the trans chatter when shifting from 1st to 2nd, but just for a split second when reved gently. Not even reving it past 2k. ??

Could it be the (TBS) that has to be done??

6-Speed

Established Member
Sounds like normal gear rollover noise from the tranny. Turn on the A/C and you'll really hear it. Check your GT500 supplement; it states something about noise.

Rob Nelson

Established Member
Rollover noise, nothing new. Been with the cars since they were released. Now go out and drive that beast...

MrRob96fs

U like them spinnin tires
Established Member
The supplement specifically states there will be noise with the car in neutral and the clutch let out. RTFM.

Users who are viewing this thread