Slight Hesitation When Accelerating...

§ilver§nake

Quiet Thunder
Established Member
I recently installed a 2.93 pulley and Crower Stage 3 cams. I also have a custom Predator tune from James.

I experience a very slight hesitation when I accelerate, especially in the 2000 to 3000 rpm range. Sometimes, it is accompanied with, what sounds like, a subtle backfire. It resembles the "bog" I use to get with Rochester 4bbl carbs, just not as drastic. It seems to occur about the time the boost comes on.

Other than this, there are no issues.

I'm not sure if it is a timing issue, a fuel issue, or an ignition issue. :??:

Any ideas?

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
takeur car to the dyno if you can... and check ur a/f ratio.. and all the readings.. nevr put cams on a car.. and get a generic tune.. do urself a favor.. and take ur car.. withthe predetor.. and put the beast on the dyno!... if you have done that already.. then change ur fuel filter.. and check ur fuel rail presure sensor.. probably going bad.. mine went completly bad.. and car stumbled bad when in boost.. i mean reall bad!!

MArc

§ilver§nake

Quiet Thunder
Established Member
Originally posted by combatstang
takeur car to the dyno if you can... and check ur a/f ratio.. and all the readings.. nevr put cams on a car.. and get a generic tune.. do urself a favor.. and take ur car.. withthe predetor.. and put the beast on the dyno!... if you have done that already.. then change ur fuel filter.. and check ur fuel rail presure sensor.. probably going bad.. mine went completly bad.. and car stumbled bad when in boost.. i mean reall bad!!

MArc

Thanks for the advice. I have a wideband O2 system and an Autotap; I am going to do some logging this afternoon. I will post my findings.

Users who are viewing this thread