Slingbox on iphone

GHIG RTR

Banned
I have a buddy who has a friend that's doing it using his AT&T Uverse. I think he said the slingbox cost him $179.99, and the app cost around $30.00. He said it works great, just as long as you are in a 3G area. I myself am currently debating on getting it. I just cant see myself spending that money for that, when it could go towards my CB or Vortech on my GC SRT8.

txyaloo

Established Member
I've had a Slingbox and now have a Hava. Sling pissed me off when they forced a firmware update that bricked my box and wouldn't replace it under warranty. Either way, both operate on the same premise. On Verizon/Alltel, video streams fine and channel changing works fine. I suspect it would be the same on ATT.

Kobra Khan

Krazy SVT Poster!
Established Member
Well, I had a slingbox solo so I purchased the app for the Iphone for $30. It only would work on wifi. I jail broke the phone, installed 3g unrestrictor, and now I'm able to watch any cable channel that I get at home live anywhere that has a 3g network. Sound and picture quality is amazing. Can also hook the phone upto my laptop now and get connected to the net anywhere that has 3G. Wonder what else this thing can do...:read:

DRTHV8R

I am your father.
Established Member
Well, I had a slingbox solo so I purchased the app for the Iphone for $30. It only would work on wifi. I jail broke the phone, installed 3g unrestrictor, and now I'm able to watch any cable channel that I get at home live anywhere that has a 3g network. Sound and picture quality is amazing. Can also hook the phone upto my laptop now and get connected to the net anywhere that has 3G. Wonder what else this thing can do...:read:

it can drive a car.. seriously.. it can..

Users who are viewing this thread