Slotted and drilled rotor's w/ pads (all 4 corners)

mach1197203

Dr Frankenstein
Established Member
UPDATE- They are having another sale, $166 with free shipping!

If anyone is interested Brake Motive has a deal going for the next two days on their rotor's and pads. Front and rear rotor's (zinc plated) and ceramic pads for $167 with free shipping. I have had mine on my car for about four years and have put about 40k on them and over two dozen Auto X events on them with no problems.

Front Rear 4 Performance Drilled Slotted Brake Rotors and 8 Ceramic Pads M610512 | eBay

Last edited:

mach1197203

Dr Frankenstein
Established Member
yeah I just saw the price went up, weird. I swear it said there was 2 more days left on that sale. $175 is still a hell of a deal and they run like a monster. I will say this the first night while after I broke them in it was late and dark as I was heading home and had a bunch of deer run out in front of me so I laid hard on the brakes and heard this horrible growling noise. Scared the crap out of me so I took it easy the rest of the way home, checked everything out and saw no issues. Called brake motive in the morning and told the guy "hey I had to get into them real hard last night and heard" was all I got out before he cut me off, he said "you heard a growling noise right?" Said "how the hell did you know that?" apperently that growling noise was all the air rushing out of the rotor as I hammered down on them. I've only had to get onto them that hard a couple of times so it's not something I hear all the time, I don't even hear it at the auto X. I have been very happy with them. Have bought a couple of different sets for different cars over the last four years and they work awesome on everything so far, no matter if it's track or a daily driver grocery getter POS.

blubyu90

Established Member
Man this almost seems like it's too good to be true! Most places for a quality brand name (EBC, Baer, Powerslot, etc.) slotted rotors are more than that just for the front rotors! My car has some crap cheap slotted front rotors on it now from the previous owner and my rear pads are going, so this would be ideal. Honestly though, I'm skeptical.

mach1197203

Dr Frankenstein
Established Member
I was too at first. After I got a set from them for my mustang and tried them out I was impressed. What really sealed the deal for me was when I started auto Xing the car. to be able to continualy beat the car there and then drive it home thru some nice curvy roads in north west arkansas and not have issues for the last three years im hooked. Like I said before I bought sets for three other vehicles after seeing how they performed at the auto X. The only thing bad that I can say after four years of having them on my car is the zinc palting doesn't look as shinny as it use to, plus my car sits outside and I drive it to the auto X, drag strip, and DD it (my wife DD it for almost two of the last four years to work, and some of us know how that can be on brakes). That comment may get me thrashed on here and from my wife. lol

blubyu90

Established Member
Thanks for posting this ad btw because I did some google searches and they seem to be as great as you say they are. 90% of the reviews I saw liked them and they say braking improved, the pads hardly put out any dust, and the longevity is awesome. Lots of F-body guys use them and love them. Also, it appears that they have excellent customer service and that is a HUGE plus. I will be buying a set soon!

mach1197203

Dr Frankenstein
Established Member
I did some looking into some other forums (corvette's and G35's), all of them had good to say except the G35 one. One guy had a recall that was not done on his front brake's something about a dust shield issue and water splashing on th rotor's, the same guy also used a different set of pads then the ones sold with them and then had the rotors turned when he thought he had a warped one. All I could do was shake my head when I read that. most of the time you can't turn drilled rotors due to the fact that unless you re-chamfer the holes they will trash your pads fast and the chamfers are usually cut down to the minimal thickness so that when the chamfer is gone you know to replace the rotors. Other than that others complained about drilled rotors but it was some other off brand not BrakeMotives parts.

1S1K

Wicked Slow
Established Member
They arrived by FedEx today. Look really nice. I should have them on in the next few days. I'm probably going to order another set to have as a spare when these wear!!! :rolling:

HELLFYR

Back in the game
Established Member
Just an FYI on these everyone... I had them on my car ... great for the street, look nice for shows.

Took them on the Mid-America road course and cracked one clean through and all the other drill throughs show heat-stress fractures around them as well.

SO BUYER BEWARE, good for street, not so good for heavy braking race use.

*Edit* If I remember right, I was running Hawk HP+ pads at the time.

IMG_8332.jpg

Last edited:

mach1197203

Dr Frankenstein
Established Member
Just an FYI on these everyone... I had them on my car ... great for the street, look nice for shows.

Took them on the Mid-America road course and cracked one clean through and all the other drill throughs show heat-stress fractures around them as well.

SO BUYER BEWARE, good for street, not so good for heavy braking race use.

*Edit* If I remember right, I was running Hawk HP+ pads at the time.

IMG_8332.jpg

HELLFYR- how long had you had them on before you went and ran them on Mid-America and what other kind of racing had you done with them besides that before? The one common thin I have seen with people having problems with them is when using hawk pads and not theirs. Not saying they are a high dollar set but just started my fifth season of autocross on them and not a problem yet. Definantly not the same kinds of speeds you where seeing at Mid- America I'm sure .

Users who are viewing this thread