Slotted and drilled rotor's w/ pads (all 4 corners)

HELLFYR

Back in the game
Established Member
HELLFYR- how long had you had them on before you went and ran them on Mid-America and what other kind of racing had you done with them besides that before? The one common thin I have seen with people having problems with them is when using hawk pads and not theirs. Not saying they are a high dollar set but just started my fifth season of autocross on them and not a problem yet. Definantly not the same kinds of speeds you where seeing at Mid- America I'm sure .

Had them about 6 months. Installed them mid one season and then went to MAM early on the next season. (We only get roughly 6 months of driving up here in MN).
Hadn't run them for ANY other racing events except possibly a small auto-cross for Car Craft Summer Nationals.
Broke in a fresh set of HP+ pads at the MAM event on them as well.
As for the pads that come with them... good enough for street use, but I found them "greasy" under frequent high speed stops.
As for speeds at mid america... 140 down the 1st straight, 120 on the second, HEAVY braking into cut backs so yeah... not the same.
I'll never use drilled rotors on a big track again though.

I've now switched over to the 2000 Cobra R setup on my car now (had it for 2 years now) and love it.
That R setup in combo with some EBC yellow pads is a wonderful street + race combo.

Rod

cobrarob2345

Established Member
Mine are installed. Great deal and brake just fine. Nt a crazy difference from stock but they are good. Would do it again 10 out of 10 for the price.

1S1K

Wicked Slow
Established Member
Can someone that purchased these recently comment on them, would you buy them again? Negatives positives please - thanks!

Installed mine last week, look great and definitely notice a difference. I would pull the trigger on them.

cobrarob2345

Established Member
Ill get some soon with the new wheels. They are sexy. Would recommend all day long for the price. Im not an autocrosser tho

Users who are viewing this thread