Slowest....2003....Ever....Dyno Results Inside

Y2K AG GT

Established Member
Well my car hit 1,400 miles so I figured that it would be a good time to do a baseline before I add any mods. Here are the results :shrug:

Pull 1 - 337.6 HP 351.1 TQ
Pull 2 - 331.6 HP 342.7 TQ
Pull 3 - 320.3 HP 335.2 TQ

Talk about fat: The A/F was at 10 by 4.5k on each pull :??: which leads me to believe that my first mod had better be a chip.

What do you guys think?

Jman20427

Die Rise
Established Member
Get the AF ratio to 11.8:1 or so...dyno it again at 2,000 miles. It should bump up to around 360 RWHP

Last edited:

Tim03cobra

Established Member
My car was running so rich that even with a 2.93 pulley and filter is still needed fuel removed. Unfortunatly i didn't get it dynoed before the pulley.:bash:

cobra101

Established Member
Yeah, that's pretty low. I would say get a predator or a chip (I prefer the predator) and see what happens.

It could be something else I guess. Maybe bad cats? spark plugs? But most put down 350-360rwhp stock with silencer in.

good luck.

Me, I can not even beat my track times that I had with 50rwhp less. Mann, traction is my problem :(

Black306

Established Member
Most people have their A/F ratios go to <10 @ ~4000RPM stock. So that isn't anything abnormal.

What were the atmospheric conditions? What type of dyno was it on? Are those #s SAE?

Either something is up with your test conditions or something is up with your car. Those numbers are not normal for a '03 Cobra.

SVTlover

Ur anger is my power
Established Member
I would think there might be something wrong with it. Dont take my word for it but to lose more than 50 Hp from Crank to wheels Is to much? I have seen many stock cobras pull 360 to 390 HP at the wheel. But im by far no expert. Good luck SVTlover

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
what kind of dyno? Its not your tune, that is perfectly normal. They are all super rich up top and they still put down 360-390rwhp so something else is wrong.

Y2K AG GT

Established Member
Originally posted by Black306
Most people have their A/F ratios go to <10 @ ~4000RPM stock. So that isn't anything abnormal.

What were the atmospheric conditions? What type of dyno was it on? Are those #s SAE?

Either something is up with your test conditions or something is up with your car. Those numbers are not normal for a '03 Cobra.

I did it at Kwik Kar in Richardson, Tx. At the time of the dyno it was 66 degrees outside with 90% humidity and 65 degree dew point. These were not the best conditions.

It was done on a Dynojet Dyno and those numbers are SAE.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Post up your graph so we can see what the curves look like. Something is out of wack.

BigDaddy

Established Member
I don't know, anyone who spells "Quick" with a "K", Kuite...oops I mean Quite possibly has a bad dyno!---:beer:

You Cobra has all of the go fast parts to make just as much power as anyone else. Just get it tuned. What Computer Tune # is on the inside of your passenger side door?

Please post that number on your door.

-Dan

Y2K AG GT

Established Member
Originally posted by BigDaddy
I don't know, anyone who spells "Quick" with a "K", Kuite...oops I mean Quite possibly has a bad dyno!---:beer:

You Cobra has all of the go fast parts to make just as much power as anyone else. Just get it tuned. What Computer Tune # is on the inside of your passenger side door?

Please post that number on your door.

-Dan

I believe the tune # is E252874

SVTCobra2001

Cone Crasher
Established Member
Originally posted by VENOMOUS03COBRA
something sounds badly wrong. even if you had clogged cats. it wouldnt cause your #'s to be that low.

Yes it would. On my 87' I was Dynoing at 310 hp and when just one Cat clogged (front right) the HP dropped to 26x. That was just under 50 HP with just one cat being bad. I would take it to Midas or something and have them do a flow test. They used to do it for free..

Eric

1/2 bent

Established Member
Which number on the door would that be?? I'm looking also and there a 4 on a little sticker. Mine are
3R3A-YB
NPEF
YDH1

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
It takes 3 to 5 k miles to loosen up the motor. With more than 10k miles, mine dyno'd 386 SAE on a superflow, humidity about 40%, temp about 77 degrees, just a k&N e-0945 filter.

The first thing to go is your, umm, is umm,...

Why can't I ever remember what I was saying?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread