Slowmaro Steppin!!!!

Cullen Wharton

END GAME!!!
Established Member
Oh, it was a nice fall evening in Pittsburgh.. Driving through the Strip to say hi to a buddy downtown. Testing out the new ProCharger. As we are talking, this 2001 Z comes by, revving loudly (Flows)... I laugh.... A few minutes go by, he is heading back in my direction, as I am pulling out, he is in front of me and punches it, so I do to. He pulls over to park his car, so I stop, and ask him if he wanted something. He's answers, I guess - where? I said we'll find a place.... His buddy in the car,asks me what year mine was because he has a 97'. He also proceeds to ask me what I did to my car.. I said - some things....:-D He then asks, is that a SC I hear. I said yeah... He tells his buddy driving the Z - "do not even try, he'll blow your ass off the road." I'm laughing.. Well, he wants to anyway. We go around the bend to Penn Ave. Line them up at the light, giving all of the club go'ers a nice show. We both slightly chirped in first, but hooked up pretty well. Needless to say, he was toast once we hit second. :burn: By third, I was already a car length ahead.... We ran out of room due to the next light and cars on the opposing side of this intersection. However, he still wanted to try to race again - as his buddy was laughing hysterically at him. I let him go at this point, figuring he had enough embarassment and the thought that his buddy was going to bust his balls the rest of the night.... Minor kill, but a definite fun one.

Gambinotdx

Established Member
sweet kill...that was nice of you to spare his embarrassment. he prolly won't hear the end of the little kill you did to him anyway hehehe keep on rollin' :-D

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
The four-cam sure loves centrifugal support, doesn't it...:-D Good Kill. Keep 'em coming, that's quite an LS1 smoker you got there... What color?

Cullen Wharton

END GAME!!!
Established Member
I love the bright atlantic blue cobras. I'm sure it looks phenomenal.... I would have loved to get that color, but I got such a good deal on the vert, I could not pass it up...........

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by Cullen Wharton
I love the bright atlantic blue cobras. I'm sure it looks phenomenal....
I like to think so...

Cobra_Jim_web.jpg

:D:D:D

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Thanks, dude. I gotta go now, drizzly this morning so I took the truck to work. Beautiful sunny skies and sixty now, so, off for a drive... :-D

Cullen Wharton

END GAME!!!
Established Member
Well, surprisingly... It is about fifty degrees here in Pittsburgh and sunny. Which is absolutely amazing for this time of year. Ready for some cruisin' weather..............

00SS

Established Member
Cullen -

What do you run in the 1/4 with since the charger install??just kinda curious.. have had a lot of races against cobra's.. but none with a charger... . But i have seen a few SC'ed but didn't get a run in with them.

thanks

Cullen Wharton

END GAME!!!
Established Member
00SS,
Let me start by saying - I hope I did not offend you... Anyway, I have not had a chance to run the 1/4 yet. I just put it on in late fall... Winter weather does not cooperate in Pittsburgh too much. I'm hoping to run it in the spring. I'm estimating at least high 12's.... If I'm lucky maybe a little better. We'll see. I'll keep you posted.....

00SS

Established Member
No offese taken :) I would think you would be running at least 12.5-12.6. Good luck with it.. and keep us posted.

I'm off to the track next weekend at Ennis (texas weather rules)
I'm hoping to break into the 11's (well, 11.9 is still an 11 ;)

take care

Cullen Wharton

END GAME!!!
Established Member
I'll definitley keep you posted..... Eager to find out myself. :burnout: Low 12's high 11's.. You are haulin' ass.... That's great for naturally aspirated.... 350 pushrod..... Can do alot with them...... Of course you have more cubes to work with. These mod motors are so much easier to just bolt on an SC and go, as pertained to replacing the internals, which should still be done. Down the road, I will do that. Need the time, as well as some more knowledge on how these 4.6's react to new cams heads, etc... Hey, I would have to agree, Texas weather has to be better than Pittsburgh. You guys get to have fun all year long. I have to be jealous about that...... ha ha ha

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread