SLP cobra 575hp packge kit

Yellow cobra

Established Member
The SLP package is priced well at under $3k
and promises 575fwhp. Has anyone had any positive/negative encounters with this pack? Are there any problems regarding the engine
when using this pack? If i decide to just get the car and have a kenne bell fitted will i need to change anything else in the engine to accomodate the new s/c?

Its cont. the following items:
2.80" Supercharger Pulley
Supercharger-Pulley Tool
Supercharger Belt
95mm Mass-Air Meter with High-Flow Air Filter
1 3/4" Coated Long-Tube Headers
X-Pipe Short Assembly with High-Flow Catalytic Converters
Loud Mouth™ Modular Cat-Back Exhaust System
DiabloSport II Programmer with Multi-Stage SLP Custom Tuning
OEM-quality fender badges

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
64comet said:
I have a hard time believing it will get you 575 fwhp (front wheel horse power). I would have to say false advertising.

I think it means Flywheel horsepower???? But still agree with you.....

Boosted521

Established Member
it depends

honda fwhp = front wheel hp
cobra fwhp = flywheel hp

pretty sure in this case it means flywheel hp :-D

and i agree. those mods won't make 575 at the motor. with a ported blower... probably.

GodStang

Established Member
In the lastest MM&FF they did this setup on an 03-04 and it fell short. Might want to pick up the mag before you buy.

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
Must be the lean tune they want you to run....-no way- that will make 575 at the fly unless you're lean as hell or a king kong factory freak.

This looks like a "going from bone stock kit" as well. They're gonna send you all that stuff and not address the new cork you just made on the intake side...the "breathing through a straw" stock T/B.

MystichromeVert

Established Member
GodStang said:
In the lastest MM&FF they did this setup on an 03-04 and it fell short. Might want to pick up the mag before you buy.

Also in the article, they talked to someone from SLP about the huge discrepency between what they saw on the dyno and the claimed 575HP. I believe the excuse had something to do with it being summertime... evidently, you need something like 40 degree weather to hit 575.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
It's pure bullshit if not an outright LIE.

Tons of better ways to get there for way less money.

Proof that saturation advertising works is all it is.

mosconiac

Established Member
MystichromeVert said:
Also in the article, they talked to someone from SLP about the huge discrepency between what they saw on the dyno and the claimed 575HP. I believe the excuse had something to do with it being summertime... evidently, you need something like 40 degree weather to hit 575.
My wife wanted to know why I was laughing as I read a Mustang magaizine. I'm glad someone else thought they were shoveling it pretty fast.

flames

Carpi Vita
Established Member
Remember SLP focused on Vette's/Camaros up until they were killed off by Chevy in 2002.
I would not even bring my 02 SS to them for work.

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
ugotbit03 said:
now thats funny! i think the slp stuff is not so great, if you wanted to do the same combo only with your pic of parts i think the outcome would be better just my 2cts
Yeah, I think is funny how people bag on SLP when they have no idea what there talking about. When they haven't tried any of there stuff. SLP is trying to sway the mustang community because they do make some bad ass products and its people like you who give them a wrong message. There exhaust quality is almost second to none and I've tried most of them.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
This is the 50th thread on the SLP kit and every one ends with the same conclusion..........BULLCRAP!!!!

There are no problems with running this kit, just not the best way to maximize the power potential of your Cobra in the opinion of everyone but SLP.

The Kenne Bell is a direct bolt-on and you will need to upgrade in several areas if you're going to run a higher boost setup here. Tons of info on this site on what you need to do...Let your fingers do the walking!

flames

Carpi Vita
Established Member
I don't intend to get in a war of words but I speak from experience. I had a Camaro SS which they built for Chevy if you know the story and it was a major headache. I eventually went to Cartech(a noted Chevy tuner)-they fixed things and gave it more power. Everybody has good and bad experiences-
let the buyer beware in this case.

NHRACobra

Cobra guy
Established Member
Let SLP stick with the GM guys. The ONLY reason SLP got into Ford, because in 2002 the f-body went by-by, and things weren't looking very rosey. Since than, the GTO (SLOW) got produced, so now they are dancing, again. :rollseyes

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread