SLP exhaust

buster1

Established Member
I have a full slp long tube set up , headers , catted X , and cat back , I believe it is a loud mouth , question do the "mufflers" come totally hollow as that is how mine arrived , it is a couple of years old but never used .

SVTDom

cheetah on cocaine
Established Member
loudmouth 1 mufflers are completely hollow.

loudmouth 2's are the loudmouth 1 canisters but with a straight threw baffle with packing around the baffle.

Vanilla Mustang

Established Member
The cobra I just picked up has SLP long tubes, high flow cats (not really sure what they are) and loudmouths (1 or 2, i dont know). Its loud but I can still hear the supercharger. Honestly, it doesnt have the tone I really want though, its a little too high pitched

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
I have a full slp long tube set up , headers , catted X , and cat back , I believe it is a loud mouth , question do the "mufflers" come totally hollow as that is how mine arrived , it is a couple of years old but never used .

post a vid... i also have slp long tube headers. but not slp mufflers, i have flowmasters. i love how mine sounds, interested on what it sounds like.

03COBRA-88

Established Member
The cobra I just picked up has SLP long tubes, high flow cats (not really sure what they are) and loudmouths (1 or 2, i dont know). Its loud but I can still hear the supercharger. Honestly, it doesnt have the tone I really want though, its a little too high pitched

Don't want to be a pain, but you can still hear the supercharger like loud and clear or do you have to listen for it? Right now all I have is flowmasters on my cobra and I wanted to get an slp xpipe and catback. I love hearing the sound of the supercharger and don't want to just hear exhaust at WOT.

Vanilla Mustang

Established Member
No prob, coming head on, you can definately hear it. I've only had it a week and most of that time I've had the top down on the car. I can clearly remember hearing it at 4500-5000 RPM but had to be listening to really hear the SC. If you were behind the car, I don't imagine you would hear anything but the exhaust. I'm going to try to get a video up this weekend.

Ralo

Established Member
Yea I ran LM1's with a o/r x and it was def loud. I'm in a small town and it was a cop magnet.

SmoknCobra03

Established Member
yah good luck with hearin ur blower over the lm1s... i only had the cb and or/x with a 2.75 upper couldnt hear the blower at all.

03COBRA-88

Established Member
yah good luck with hearin ur blower over the lm1s... i only had the cb and or/x with a 2.75 upper couldnt hear the blower at all.

Thanks for the input. I am probably leaning towards bassani catted x pipe and cat back. It sounds mean and not extremley loud like slp.

04taxi

Established Member
slp

I can say it sure feels like I lost some power switching from SLP catback to a mac 3inch. I like the sound of the mac but the quality of the SLP was nice from fit to finish. It is definately not as loud.

04screamingvert

Established Member
I have the SLP Xpipe with cats and the LM2 cat back. Very happy with the fit & finish and the sound is great.

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
Catted midpipe and LM2's isnt ridiculous and prob sounds pretty good.

O/R midpipe and LM1's is stupid loud and obnoxious IMO. No real tone to it at all, just screaming loud...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread