Small burnout vid

BoneCrusher

Established Member
Screamin'SVT said:
If you have some magical way to lay rubber like that without using the brakes, please let me know :beer:

I agree I don't know what you guys do other than a brake stand unless you have a line loc? Please enlighten us.

BLTONFirehawk

Established Member
Not saying theres another way to do it, just saying i dont hold the brakes while traveling a big distance like that....

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
BLTONFirehawk said:
Not saying theres another way to do it, just saying i dont hold the brakes while traveling a big distance like that....
I agree, that was a a damn long time to hold the brakes. It's all good though. Next time try pressing moderatly on the brake with your right heel, then slant your foot and with your toe press the gas. After that dump the clutch and let her rip. You shouldn't move anywhere. Then you can just coast out of it. Everyone has a first time, I ended up blowing a well worn clutch out one of the first time I tried lighting them up :bash: :bash:

Last edited:

Pearbear

180 Lbs of Sad
Established Member
Hey screaminSVT, your getting the tires put on at Pecht's right? Ask Angelo about our mustang clubs dragnic in august. Hope to see you around the 'big city'.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Screamin'SVT said:
If you have some magical way to lay rubber like that without using the brakes, please let me know :beer:

At the very beginning where you were struggling to get your car to stop that was killing your clutch. Also doing the burnout at a low rpm was also killing your clutch.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
I do a stand still just like you do Screamin'SVT. I rev up, dump the clutch, and jump on the brake. Just next time when you do it rev it up to about 5,000rpms and dump it. Also in the video it looks like you were in 2nd gear. I bet your clutch really took a hit with you in 2nd gear plus the low rpm. :(

Screamin'SVT

Banned
Stopsign32v said:
I do a stand still just like you do Screamin'SVT. I rev up, dump the clutch, and jump on the brake. Just next time when you do it rev it up to about 5,000rpms and dump it. Also in the video it looks like you were in 2nd gear. I bet your clutch really took a hit with you in 2nd gear plus the low rpm. :(

I was in first gear, but I agree with you it would probably be a good idea to keep the rpm a little higher.

Users who are viewing this thread