Small coolant leak cause?

leftysmoke

SNK B1TE
Established Member
I noticed my car had a small coolant leak while I was doing my rear brakes today. The leak was a small puddle, but I noticed in my storage unit that there was also a small puddle that had dried.

Any ideas on the possible cause? I'm putting it up on a lift that I'm using next week to do my oil and re-align my Stingers. My coolant was pretty darn low as well. I'm assuming it leaked here and there during the winter. I plan to add just enough through the reservoir when I do my oil.

Thanks for any help in advance. :beer:

Kannif

I'm that guy!
Established Member
Need to be under it first homie. Holler when you put it on the lift wnd I'll come look at it if need be dude.

leftysmoke

SNK B1TE
Established Member
Need to be under it first homie. Holler when you put it on the lift wnd I'll come look at it if need be dude.

Sounds good. I'm just hoping for some preliminary causes lol. I'll let you know how the lift goes. AJ is stopping by at 12pm on Weds.

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
I had a leak from the radiator overflow tank. I notice that the leak most most prevalent when the engine was cooling down.

I would fill up the overflow tank, warm up the engine, park it, wait for 10-20 minutes for the pressure to build and I could clearly hear/see that the coolant was seeping through a small hole on the bottom of the tank. It stained my fan shroud and everything.

leftysmoke

SNK B1TE
Established Member
I had a leak from the radiator overflow tank. I notice that the leak most most prevalent when the engine was cooling down.

I would fill up the overflow tank, warm up the engine, park it, wait for 10-20 minutes for the pressure to build and I could clearly hear/see that the coolant was seeping through a small hole on the bottom of the tank. It stained my fan shroud and everything.

Hmmmm. I think my leak is a little farther back, like closer to the tranny. I'll check it out though. Thanks, dude.

Users who are viewing this thread