smaller blower pulley=better mileage?

2003 Cobra

Established Member
I changed my blower pulley a while back to the 3.2" and have never really watched my mileage. This last week I've been doing a lot of around town driving and it sure seems like my gas mileage is better than when the car was new. I have no mileage numbers to justify my suspicions but it sure looks as if my gas gauge moves slower. Has anyone else experienced this effect? Better mileage and more power at the same time. If it's correct, it's FANTASTIC!!

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I'd be surprised if something that spins the blower faster, thereby making more horsepower would INCREASE the gas milage, but what do I know?:)

A's Cobra

Established Member
anything to increase effeciency....ie CAI, catback, chip programing all can lead to better milage, 1st because the engine is breathing easier, second, your not pushing the gas as hard to drive in normal traffic

a94cobra

Established Member
It should. As long as the increase in hp doesn't equal a heavier foot. But I wouldn't expect to see more than one or two mpg increase.

OverToad

Established Member
A smaller blower pulley does not increase efficiency. The only thing that would really effect the gas mileage is adding or removing fuel from the tune.

Now the placebo effect is very possible, but this is specifically about a smaller blower pulley creating better fuel economy. I can't see how, given the same driver driving the same way each and every day, going to a device that spins the blower faster could possibly create better gas mileage.
I'd welcome someone to prove me wrong, so that I could learn something.

maoun

Established Member
well, now wouldn't he have to use less gas to get the same amount of power.....equaling out to better mileage?

m.

2003 Cobra

Established Member
Thanks for the comments. Has anyone else with a smaller blower pulley experienced better gas mileage or am I just having wishful thinking that my gas gauge is moving slower than before?

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
I think it may be more related to the engine being broken in and looser now and mileage going up because of that....

to get good mileage from these cars means driving sensibly and staying out of boost, which means that your smaller pulley would not be called into play

Users who are viewing this thread