Smallest Pulley

98cobbe

Established Member
T-Trim with a 2.95 8 Rib I am seeing about 16-17psi at 6500. I would like to be to in the 20's. I have a 2.8 would that do the trick? I also have a 6.9 crank pulley. Should I just get a 7.5 crank and leave the 2.95, or leave the 6.9 and put on the 2.8? It would like instant boost in the mid teens so I guess the crank pulley is the way to go?

AllVenom

Established Member
T-Trim with a 2.95 8 Rib I am seeing about 16-17psi at 6500. I would like to be to in the 20's. I have a 2.8 would that do the trick? I also have a 6.9 crank pulley. Should I just get a 7.5 crank and leave the 2.95, or leave the 6.9 and put on the 2.8? It would like instant boost in the mid teens so I guess the crank pulley is the way to go?

Always go with a bigger crank pulley if possible. Less belt slip and more lower end grunt, just my .02 cents worth. I always run a bigger crank and love it.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Hey bro you might want to go onto vortechs website and check to see if your overspinning the blower. I went on there last night to check for my setup and with a stock crank pulley the most I can do on the s/c is a 3.00 before I'm at the max impeller speed of 55000. Just something to think about. your probably over spinning your blower right now. Unless ofcoarse you think it's safe to over spin the blower..

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Nm I just checked again and your shifting at 6500 not 7k like me. I think that you are going to be right at the limit though with the new setup. :thumbsup:

98cobbe

Established Member
Always go with a bigger crank pulley if possible. Less belt slip and more lower end grunt, just my .02 cents worth. I always run a bigger crank and love it.

Thanks. Just ordered a 7.5. I can't wait. Hopefully I don't have to upgrade my MAF and injectors.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Do you have any datalogs on your current set up? If you're close to pegging your MAF and injectors then an upgrade is in order.

Users who are viewing this thread