smallest tire w/ 04 cobra rims

burgerdude

Established Member
Hey Gents! long time no post, finally after four years I got my baby back from sitting in a garage, took her out today and boy did i miss her, one thing I didn't miss is the 245/45/17s rubbing on the fenders after the sn95 swap 4 years ago (fenders are rolled) Trying to figure out what route to take, springs with less drop (totally forget how much drop i have now btw), or a set of 245/35's or 235/45's. Anyone have any suggestions.

Fox 5.0

Established Member
hmm, 245's on a 9" rim? Would look weird probably like with the tire being inside the lip of the rim. But I understand your pain I used to have 03 cobra rims with 275's all around and the rear tires would get chopped up on big bumps.

burgerdude

Established Member
doesn't look to strange now, depending on cost i might just put a small spacer in between coil and arm/k member, the 235's i think would look weird, looks like I answered my own question - lift it is.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I run 245's up front and 275's in the rear, on 03 cobra wheels. I do not have any clearance issues, although it has restricted my turning radius some. My rear tires do not have any problems with contacting my 1/4 panels, and they are not rolled. It's close, but they fit. I'm running a stock rear track width though, as I did the north race car rear disc conversion.

Fox 5.0

Established Member
I run 245's up front and 275's in the rear, on 03 cobra wheels. I do not have any clearance issues, although it has restricted my turning radius some. My rear tires do not have any problems with contacting my 1/4 panels, and they are not rolled. It's close, but they fit. I'm running a stock rear track width though, as I did the north race car rear disc conversion.
Ah, I forgot to mention I have sn-95 cobra axles for the rear, I believe they widen the track 1/2" each side. I had major rubbing issues.

burgerdude

Established Member
Bah! not sure why I left them out, but the isolators are not in so that'll buy me my height I need. I'm runnin 245/275. Id like to push a little wider in the rear, the current 555's are toast.

wheelhopper

Established Member
Ah, I forgot to mention I have sn-95 cobra axles for the rear, I believe they widen the track 1/2" each side. I had major rubbing issues.

They widen 3/4" on each side.

I think 245s on 9" wheels look silly. I would go 255s min. I run 245/40/17s, mounted on 17x8 wheels, all around on my fox and they work well. I have also run 255/40/17s on the same wheels successfully. When I tried to run the 245s on Terminator wheels, they sidewalls were really stretched and I had rubbing issues.

I do have Cobra front control arms, which widen the front by 3/4" on each side and an IRS in the rear which widens the rear by 1.5" on each side.

Users who are viewing this thread