Smashed the shit out of the K-member at the track.

jimwood

Established Member
Well, this past weekend at Thunderhill, I experienced the joy of going off track. Two off. Not a big deal, but the car is lowered and as the drivers side wheels went off into the soft dirt, the griggs k-member smashed the F'in shit out of the tarmac. The grading difference was probably 3 inches.

From all I had heard about griggs I was sure as hell that I broke that sum bitch in half. Well, I limped into the paddock. Everything felt fine. But, not one to risk it, I jacked her up and gave a real good inspection. Happy to say absolutely nothing. The K-member and control arms look good.

I havent heard too many people say good things about griggs lately, so I though I post my experience. :beer:

I love the setup. It has significantly improved my times.
img11209er.jpg

Heres some more pics from that day:
http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=125218&highlight=thunderhill

P.S. I have new found respect for EVO's.

Last edited:

jimwood

Established Member
Well, I think they do pretty damn good overall. They have all wheel drive which is a significant advantage in the turns. There was one fairly modified EVO that was wasting me in the corners. (I think it was a Vinshu car.) On the straightaways it was even. But, Im not pullied and only have a JLT and Spinteck mufflers. Most of my mods are suspension.

The lightly modified EVOs could not pull on me in the turns or the straightawy.

But I was able to tail a lightly modified EVO for about 3 laps, he was never able to pull away, and I think I was probably a bit faster, but not fast enough to pass.

Im not a big fan of Thunderhill it really favors cars that corner really well.

I will add two EVO's flipped that weekend. They were totalled. No one was hurt so thats good.
crashed1.sized.jpg

Last edited:

Tman

Established Member
I just wish I drove like you. Its gonna take time for me to really know how to get that car to its full potential in taking the corners before I do any other suspension mods. Props to you for representing our cars so that people can acknowledge that they do handle as well in experienced hands as they are good in the straight line.i :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread