Smell after spirited driving

jdcobra

Established Member
Was doing some spirited driving, no power shifting or anything like that. Shifting from 2nd-5th gear right before the limiter. As I pull into the driveway not even two minutes after driving, I notice the smell. Not inside the cabin but outside. Only 300 miles on the car. Can't figure out where the smell is coming from. Anyone else have this issue?

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
What does it smell like? My 2012 had a plastic-ish smell for several months that was noticeable when the engine would get hot.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Probably just something on exhaust or the CATS you smell, I bet it's nothing to worry about

jdcobra

Established Member
What does it smell like? My 2012 had a plastic-ish smell for several months that was noticeable when the engine would get hot.

Kinda smells like that with a hint of clutch maybe? Idk, maybe it's chemicals burning off the exhaust?

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Kinda smells like that with a hint of clutch maybe? Idk, maybe it's chemicals burning off the exhaust?

My car also had noticeable smoke coming from the exhaust when it was new and would get hot. It has since stopped and the car only drinks about a qt of oil every 5k miles so I think it was something in the exhaust when Ford put the car together.

jdcobra

Established Member
My car also had noticeable smoke coming from the exhaust when it was new and would get hot. It has since stopped and the car only drinks about a qt of oil every 5k miles so I think it was something in the exhaust when Ford put the car together.

Well, the exhaust isn't smoking. But when I bought my '12 the guy said they have some type of chemical coating on them or something? Idk, maybe she just needs to break in and I'm over thinking things

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
not trying to be an ass but have you ever bought a new car before? they have smells as you accumulate miles and break them in.

jdcobra

Established Member
not trying to be an ass but have you ever bought a new car before? they have smells as you accumulate miles and break them in.

Yes I have and no offense taken. I figured that's what it was but wanted to make sure.

jdcobra

Established Member
Thanks for your help guys. That's what I thought but wasn't sure.

Users who are viewing this thread