Smith vs Costa Del Mar

VENOM1

6.0MAN
Established Member
I am in the market for a new pair of polarized fishing glasses and it has come down to Smith and Costa Del Mar's. I had read a TON of great reviews on the Smith optics with their Polarchromic lenses but do not have any experience with them. More over, I have owned Costa's previously and they have never steered me wrong but there is a significant price different between the two. I am hoping that someone on this forum has experience with each of these glasses and can provide some insight.

Thanks in advance for your help.

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
Seriously. It is not even a choice. Costa Del Mar all the way!!! And get Glass! Mirrored green glass at that! X ray vision for sight fishing!!!

yellow98stang

Established Member
The 580 glass lenses are sooo much better than the regular Costa lenses. The smiths are good too, but I would get the 580's in what ever color best suits the fishing you will be doing.

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
I have a near new set of Costa Del Mar Cin's with 580 lenses that I could sell to you for a steal. I think I've worn them twice.

They were a gift to me and I dont wear them as much as my Harpoon's or my Spy Dirty Mo's.

LUBaseball2

Established Member
Costa Del Mars would be your best bet between the two.. Personally I use a pair of Carrera's and Maui Jim's fishing a lot and like those as well.

yellow98stang

Established Member
It really does make a difference what lens color you select though, so look into that before you just buy a pair of expensive 580's...

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Seriously. It is not even a choice. Costa Del Mar all the way!!! And get Glass! Mirrored green glass at that! X ray vision for sight fishing!!!

THIS!

580 glass with Green mirror for inshore and fresh water
580 Glass with Blue mirror for offshore

I've had Oakleys in the past but i tried a friends Costa 580s and i bought a pair the next day!

i have a pair of Mayas and a pair of Harpoons

Users who are viewing this thread