Smog Check in Las Vegas, NV

Chuk

Gangster SVT Poster
Established Member
Hey guys,

I searched for some info and came up with one thread from a couple years ago about this, I am brining my 98 cobra from FL out here to Vegas and I'm wondering about it passing the smog check here.

It has bbk L/Ts, catted X pipe, and flowmaster 40s, no egr. Will this be a problem? I read that they don't even use the sniffer on OBDII cars they just hook up the scanner to the ecu and it will show I have no EGR, is that accurate?

Does anyone know of a shop that does these checks that could be persuaded to let me pass for a small fee? :-D

thanks

rcksblr

Established Member
Yea, Anything 97 and newer they just hookup to your ECU. If your check engine light is on for any reason you will fail. I would guess if you have no EGR it will fail you.

I would just find someone that will pass you. I've heard of some guys that just gave the tester some extra $$ to pass them.

rcksblr

Established Member
Yea, Anything 97 and newer they just hookup to your ECU. If your check engine light is on for any reason you will fail. I would guess if you have no EGR it will fail you.

I would just find someone that will pass you. I've heard of some guys that just gave the tester some extra $$ to pass them.

Users who are viewing this thread