Smoke at startup?

Ever get smoky exhaust at start up?

• Yes, I have gotten it on one or more occasions.

Votes: 232 49.2%
  • No, never had it, and I have more than 5,000 miles on the car.

Votes: 138 29.2%
  • No, never had, but have less than 5,000 miles on the car.

Votes: 68 14.4%
  • I could have, but I never pay attention to my exhaust at startup.

Votes: 34 7.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackBeastSvt

Established Member
indycobra said:
You would think they would huh. I was very pro Ford untill all of this happened. I have two mustangs an f150 and when I bought my wife a new car last year guess what, I drove right on by the Ford dealer and bought her a jeep. This has left a very bad taste in my mouth and I dont see any more Fords in my near future. I get no pleasure in saying that either.
I hear you loud and clear!! It is a huge disapointment that I hope ford figures out soon! I hate the inconvenience of having to take my car in for warranty for them to tell me thay don't know what is wrong! Oh and as for having only 8500miles on my car, I don't want any rebuilt items either! This is a really bad problem, I love the car but really hate starting it!:cuss:

hmwave

Established Member
BlackBeastSvt said:
It is a huge disapointment that I hope ford figures out soon!

Errr, why would they do that?
They've moved on, don't count on anything happening here.

trey193

Established Member
I would also like to see a few vids to compare to . Mine does it sometimes and sometimes it doesnt. Motor is quiet as a mouse and is a screamer. It def. isnt guides or i would have noises, must just be seals.

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
hmwave said:
Errr, why would they do that?
They've moved on, don't count on anything happening here.
Even if they hadn't moved on, they wouldn't do anything. Years ago, Ford made the decision that in 750 miles, it is normal to use one quart of oil. My 86 needed a qt added with 800 miles on the odometer. When that number reached 450 miles on a qt, Ford rebuilt the engine (but only after a long "oil Consumption Test"). I wonder what the other car companies consire "normal"?

So if you are doing better than that (and it doesn't matter how the oil was used as long as it isn't leaking through a seal onto the ground), Ford doesn't care, you are "normal".

The best idea I've seen yet was to put some fine steel screen under your valve covers (pull the VC's, remove the baffle, then loosely pack in the screen and replace the baffle). Next up is JLT's solution to catch the oil and drain it back into the head. Finally is a catch can (or oil separator) which must be emptied regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread