Smoke Clouds...

URBAN COWBOY

CITY SLICKER
Established Member
Hey guys I've noticed that when I get on the Lightning sometimes (kick down from 4th to 2nd or 3rd) I look back and I see a cloud of smoke. Is this becasue I don't get on it enough? I remember awhile back I hit it hard and I happened to look back and there was a big cloud of dark smoke. A car behind me had to pull over. I did the same thing again right after that and there was nothing (no smoke) so I guess I cleaned it out? I really don't drive her as hard like I use to. I mainly putt around town 90% of the time. I know they run rich from the factory, so is this normal?

Dusten

Established Member
dark black? dark blue?
Black is fuel or carbon is is usually a sign of unburnt fuel

lkatya

slow 4V
Established Member
Just remember 4th gear kick downs are one of the best ways to snap a rod or two. Better to turn OD off before romping it.

Robert Francis

Established Member
I might be concerned that ssomething isn't quite right if it's giving off a cloud of smoke so heavy that cars behind you have to stop.

URBAN COWBOY

CITY SLICKER
Established Member
I might be concerned that ssomething isn't quite right if it's giving off a cloud of smoke so heavy that cars behind you have to stop.

Yep, it did that once and right after that I repeated the same thing and there was nothing (no smoke) so I think it was just a lot of carbon build up from just putting around town. I asked a mechanic friend of mine about it and that's what he told me. I guess I need to air this thing out every now and then. :-D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread