"Smoked" by a Volvo, yo...

Droptop Snake

Resident Fuel Slut
Established Member
Heading west one night, some transplanted ricer in a green older model Volvo automatic didn't like the idea of me going about 2 mph faster than he was. When I got even with him he began to pace me, then accelerated away. I could hear his exhaust hissing like a vacuum cleaner from all the backpressure. Too bad he wasn't really going anywhere; the average Civic DX automatic could've given him fits. I paid him no attention.

At the next light, I notice him eyeballing me. I looked over and gave him a nod. On green, he paced me across the intersection, then floored it again. I let him get a car or two ahead, then went to about half throttle to reel him in, then got off the gas again. He stayed in it til the next light. This game of cat and mouse went on for two lights, with me laughing at how slow his car was as he continued to "speed" away from me when I let him go each time. We pulled up to the next light, with me in the far right lane, him in the middle with both windows down, and a Daewoo sedan which rolled up on the right with two Hispanic guys inside. The passenger in the Daewoo started talking to the Volvo driver.

Daewoo: "Yo, that was tight! You SMOKED him, dawg! Dammmn. You got him, right?"

Volvo: "Yeah, I smoked him. Kicked his ass, yo."

Daewoo: "YO man, you got smoked! That was sad, bro. And you're in a Mustang! That was sorry."

Me: :dw: "Do you really think I was racing him? I didn't even floor it. You can't be serious."

Daewoo: "Naw, dawg. Too late for excuses now. You lost, just deal with it yo."

Me: "OK, guess I'll have to show you the difference. Tell ya what... when the light turns green, you guys do your best to stay in front. Better yet, just go ahead and wave goodbye right now while you can still see me."

I paced him out of the hole at about 1/2 throttle until I hit 4 grand on the tach, then buried it and stayed on it through the 1-2 shift, putting about 3-4 cars on him while I was still spinning. Once it hooked in 2nd gear, the beating just got worse. 3rd gear wasn't even necessary. I clicked into 5th and put my hands up like, "Where are you?"

Waaaay back. I turned the CD player back up. :rolleyes: Idjit.

10 seconds later, heeeere comes the flyby... :loser:

Last edited:

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
It's amazing how clueless some of these ricers are. An old Volvo and a Daewoo smoking a Cobra?! Those cars are bottom feeders and are probably in the top 1% of all time slowest cars.

And what's with this "ricer speak" that they all talk with nowdays? It's like a whole new language that they made up, kind of like "Ebonics".

Maybe it's "Ricebonics", yo, snoop dawgy dawg..

MACH1PB

Established Member
i know, i was thinkin he got smoked by a volvo and he has a cobra
lol
good killing them idiots!

Saleen Explorer

Established Member
Be careful with some of them Volvo's though, S40R and S60R are quick bastards. Went for a ride and never knew a Volvo could slam you to the seat like that take corners like there nothing:dw: :eek:

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
Originally posted by Saleen Explorer
Be careful with some of them Volvo's though, S40R and S60R are quick bastards. Went for a ride and never knew a Volvo could slam you to the seat like that take corners like there nothing:dw: :eek:
Ive been in some pretty trick, nasty volvos:eek: I love when they talk trash.

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
What's up with Volvos lately this morning some dude checking the truck and then floored his family sedan, I was like ok ***. Then I pass him cause I was in the left lane of traffic and his lane slowed down, then I look out the rearview and hear he comes flying and I am going to get over to get on the interstate and he cuts me off, man wtf, it is 6:45am, I am still sleeping, so I floor and get on his bumper and then I slow down, then he punches and some black smoke comes out and he actually starts hauling, I have to admit I was impressed, but like I said I was still sleeping, so he goes on and Iam just cruisin 65mph and what do ya know I pass him again and he does almost the same thing tries to come up on my ass, so I just floored it and left him in the dust, I look back and he is at least a block behind me,(maybe slight exageration) but a few minutes later he flys by me again, f***in loser:loser: :nonono:

04HillzGT

Established Member
a Daewoo and a Volvo some people never learn no offense but personally I don't even waste my time with guys like that

c0dy

I...Need...Speed
Established Member
ive seen a couple volvos with the 5.0 swap... other than that the old ones are slow. the 5 cyl 850/s70s arent tooo bad, for a 2.5. the new ones are sick though, the s60r is crazy, my uncle works at a saab/volvo dealership so i was playing with one... impressive. not as good as a terminator, or enough to talk shit from (no car is that good)but still impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread