smoked c5/ sprayed supra tt

97whitesvt

Established Member
one kill and one death the other night. just me and frind out crusing around and i see a tt supra with a HUGE fart can! Plate says "4N FAST" we happen to be the only two side by side at the light. he has a bunch of a-pillars and a real smug look on his face. The light turns green and i get a good launch. by the end of first i have half a car and am pulling away. by the end of second i have a car and a half and then in third he pulled me hard. with 4.10s from third to fourth he made up th car and a half and put 2 cars on me. 4 1/2 cars in one gear!!! WTF. he was spraing the dog piss ot of that car.
:shrug:

Later im at a light and this 50ish guy pulls up hard on the breaks next to me in a brand new c5. he looks over with this really cocky smile like"im gonna f*** these two kids up. we launch at the green and i take off. through fourth i put 5 cars on him. my buddy was waving his hand out like come on, come on as were pulling away from him. i don't think i beat the car but definetly the driver, it was a six spd. this is my favorite kil to date.:burnout:

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
sounds like a fun night. good kill on the Vette and nice try on the Supra. Can't kill 'em all!

MpdCobra06

Established Member
Originally posted by 97whitesvt
:Later im at a light and this 50ish guy pulls up hard on the breaks next to me in a brand new c5. he looks over with this really cocky smile like"im gonna f*** these two kids up. we launch at the green and i take off. through fourth i put 5 cars on him. my buddy was waving his hand out like come on, come on as were pulling away from him. i don't think i beat the car but definetly the driver, it was a six spd. this is my favorite kil to date.:burnout:

I am going to have to call Bs on that one. Not that you beat him, but that the fact is he was trying. Maybe he was then let off. I am by no means a Ford or chevy guy, just the fact is, timeslips dont lie. I have seen C5's with exhaust beat the hell out of procharged mustangs. I have a Roots blown 281 and have raced a lot of vette's. They are by no means a joke or slow. I just don't beleive your car with out spray or boost will beat,a C5. Providing good driver on both sides.

Not flaming just my .000000000002 cents

Last edited:

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Re: Re: smoked c5/ sprayed supra tt

Originally posted by Hotrodone99
I am going to have to call Bs on that one. Not that you beat him, but that the fact is he was trying. Maybe he was then let off. I am by no means a Ford or chevy guy, just the fact is, timeslips dont lie. I have seen C5's with exhaust beat the hell out of procharged mustangs. I have a Roots blown 281 and have raced a lot of vette's. They are by no means a joke or slow. I just don't beleive your car with out spray or boost will beat,a C5. Providing good driver on both sides.

Not flaming just my .000000000002 cents

He said in his post that he beat the driver, not the car.:bored:

03SLOBRA

Trollin aint easy
Established Member
Good kills Mark, was the C5 kill better than the Z06 kill??
How did ya do at Crapeer yesterday??
As Richie says watch out for them Supra's when they be spoolin up...
-dam ricers!

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
Good run and good kill. :beer:

I saw a red Supra on the highway Thursday night outside of Atlanta, GA (I-85). He was in the far left lane and whereas traffic was doing about 80mph he blew past EVERYONE like we were doing 40. Amazing machine. Same with the C5. And without a doubt the Cobra is all muscle as well. :burnout:

97whitesvt

Established Member
i have a 13.2-3 car right now but it seems to run stronger on the street. im door to door with 03slobra and he clips 13.0s all day. I have also seen a lot of guys strugle to get 13.3 out of vett's and ta's even though they should be closer to 13.0. not flaming you either hotroddone99 just stating facts. i had a friend with a 2000 sc saleen and i beat him on more than a few occasions as well

97greensnake

cUban cRime wAve
Established Member
I torqued a vette of the line but in second he pulled right passed me, it was definetly the driver cuhz i thought he was burning out? but i talk to the guy and he said he only had it for 2 days....but that supra prob wanst a turbo...what mods u got ?

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
Zzzzzer I know the supra that you are talking about. Infact the I know the guy who owns it. That car is very mean, making around 800 at the wheels or so. Oh...Mememories....Highschool memories....uh... I mean sorry. Yeah he used to pick his daughter up from highschool in it, and so my love for his car began. Every now and again I see him out, and always heading twords 85 for som wot runs. Sorry for the off topic, but remember a 700 hp Supra might kill you in top speed. However, that same car will do something like 13.3 because of no torque, and it takes a while for the turbos to spool.

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
Yeah, my bro-in-law had a slightly modded '98 Cobra. One night we were in a left turn lane to enter the highway and a red TT Supra pulled into the other left turn lane. It was two younger kids and they asked if we would race. I told my bro-in-law "you're gonna get smoked" and he said "Go on Green". It was a slight left and then straight-away up the ramp and straight-away down the Highway for about 5 miles. We were going to the next exit, about 1.5 - 2 miles away. Green light, we smoked him off the line REAL bad, so bad I thought he killed it. We got up to about 150MPH and as soon as we hit 150, that supra passed us like we were sitting still. Then he shut it down, we caught up and exited to a gas station. The Supra followed us in and the guy said he had never been left like that by any Ford. He raised the hood and it had a killer setup. Don't remember exactly, but he said it was some kind of TT setup putting out around 800+HP. He said it's slow off the line, but can go 200MPH+. Crazy fast. He said when he passed us he was going about 190-200MPH. I just wanted to know where he got the money to do that and how much insurance is for a teenager driving a TT Supra.

f_rice

EFF GM AND CHRYSLER!!!!
Established Member
an 800hp twin turbo'd supra is pretty rare, most guys switch to a single turbo for huge power. but those cars dont make use of their power, especially single turbo manuals. it takes awhile for them to build boost and then they lose psi at every shift. the autos are usually faster. plus the irs usually leads to wheel hop and they can't run very big tires. Some dick claimed 750 to the wheels and his best quarter was 12.8X. he obviously couldnt drive. nice cars, most owners are pricks though. they rule the highways.

Users who are viewing this thread