smokin cobra

lethalvenom

Established Member
my 96 cobra smokes like a freight train when i hammer on it, but normal driving not very noticable! sometime i'll hammer on it and come to a stop light and it still smokes for ten seconds or so when i'm stopped at the light. i can't tell what color the smoke is cause of tinted windows and everyone i talk to describes it as a grey, not black not white not blue! i have longtubes and heard it was a fuel problem because of the LTs. i also heard that the cobras are really bad for sucking oil through the pvc. i'm stumped and don't have tons of money for trial and error! i really hope its not rings! any help would be awesome!

thanks
branden

Hockeyman48

Established Member
If it was my car w/ that problem I would pull pcv valve from engine and test it to suck ambient air for an acceleration test to see if the smoking decreases or stops.Tape or plug pcv entry into engine and make sure it can breathe through the oil filler tube temporarily if you dont have a breather elsewhere. Maybe I'm missing some thoughts here but I cant see a cel code developing from doing this.Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.Just a quick/cheap way to verify your source of oil consumption thru pcv system.

Users who are viewing this thread